Find a Physician
Per Diem Registered Nurses - PACU and OR DepartmentsPrint
Job SummaryTri-City Regional Surgery Center is continuously recruiting for Per Diem Registered Nurses in both our PACU and OR Departments. The Tri-City Regional Surgery Center is an Ambulatory Surgery Center accredited through the AAAHC and has 5 operating rooms, 10 recovery rooms, and 4 pre-operative rooms. *Per Diem Nurses are paid a 15% premium for all hours worked.
Job DescriptionPosted: 12/19/2016
The Registered Nurse possesses a working knowledge of pre/post-operative nursing utilizing A.O.R.N. standards and recommended practices. The RN functions as a team member within the delivery of care to the patients at the surgery center. This position is responsible for the delivery of quality patient care through the process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in the pre/post-operative areas.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties of this position. Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Act as patient advocate in the development of care within the pre-operative and post-operative areas
- Obtain baseline information in accordance with established pre-op guidelines and identify risk factors to avoid complications
- Assess and prepare patient physically, psychologically, emotionally and socially for the surgical experience
- Document all relevant information in patient chart. Ensure necessary laboratory, X-ray, and EKG reports are on chart
- Notify surgeon /anesthesiologist of abnormal laboratory results immediately.
- Recognize, interpret and report condition of patient and any changes to the physician in a timely manner
- Initiate intravenous access. Administer intravenous sedatives and analgesic.
- Receive, validate & administer patient care orders consistent with professional licensing laws
- Ability to recognize and respond to symptoms of cardiac or respiratory failure.
- Evaluate and document operative care as indicated on patient record.
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the organization
Essential Skills and Experience:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required:
- Must have a current, unrestricted Washington State Registered Nurse license
- Must have and maintain current ACLS & BLS Certifications. PALS Certificates preferred
- Minimum two year pre/post-op experience
- Good interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact with patients, families, physician and other health care providers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please email your cover letter and resume through the form below or email email@example.com.