Find a Physician
Job SummarySurgery Associates, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., located in Burien, WA is seeking a full-time Practice Administrator to join their team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 08/30/2016
Proliance Surgeons has an opening for an Administrator at its Surgery Associates clinic, located in Burien, WA. Reporting to the Proliance Care Center’s physicians and Proliance Surgeons’ COO, the Administrator role encompasses all of the responsibilities traditionally associated with the senior administrative role for a medical practice. Among them:
- Monitor and manage all business operations of the practice as a means of continuously improving the patient experience and ensuring that every patient visit is a positive encounter.
- Lead and direct all activities related to administration, facilities, information systems, marketing, patient satisfaction, personnel management, and regulatory compliance.
- Develop annual budgets and manage the variables that contribute to strong financial performance. Analyze and explain the Care Center’s financial performance to the physicians.
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and that core values are modeled.
- Lead a productive, team-oriented work environment. Conduct regular staff meetings to provide information to staff and solicit feedback. Coach and mentor staff by example and through use of clearly communicated expectations, progress meetings, performance reviews, etc.
- Manage physician recruitment, onboarding and compensation administration.
The ideal candidate will bring the education, experience, skills and qualities needed to flourish in the role.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in health care administration, business or related field
- Three or more years in health care administration positions of increasing responsibility, ideally in an independent medical group environment
- Five or more years of health care billing experience
- Solid understanding of accounting concepts and financial statements along with the ability to analyze and explain financial performance, including the identification of root causes contributing to financial performance
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word skills; NextGen experience a plus
Professional and Personal Qualities
- Ability to serve as both a hands-on manager and a high performing individual contributor
- Excellent judgment, understands what s/he does not know and what questions to ask to reach well informed decisions that minimize risk
- Self-effacing, humble yet confident person who is self-motivated, flexible, deals well with ambiguity and does not require positional authority to get things done
- Capable communicator who is able to articulate ideas, thoughts and questions clearly and appropriately
- Skilled manager with a collaborative style who influences change and builds consensus for ideas and recommendations that move teams forward
- Passionate and proactive about solving problems, adding value and delivering superior results
- Compassion for colleagues and subordinates and able to sustain collegiality and team orientation in a high performance culture
- Process orientation
- Absolute and unquestioned integrity
How to Apply:
- Email cover letter and resume to Eliese Georges at email@example.com
- Use “Administrator – Surgery Associates” as the subject.
- Candidates under consideration will be initially scheduled for phone interview with compelling candidates then invited to interview in person
- We regret we are not in position to personally respond to all applicants
About Proliance Surgeons:
Proliance Surgeons, Inc., P.S. is one of the largest surgical practices in the country with approximately 240 physicians and 2200 employees. Specializing in Orthopedics, Ear Nose & Throat, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, our physicians provide care at over 60 conveniently located offices throughout King, Snohomish, Pierce, Skagit and Benton counties of Washington.
See www.proliancesurgeons.com for more information about our practice.