Find a Physician
Human Resources ManagerPrint
Job SummaryProliance Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, a division of Proliance Surgeons, INC., P.S., a large and multifaceted organization that specializes in orthopedics and sports medicine, has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Human Resources Manager.
Job DescriptionPosted: 01/03/2017
The Human Resources Manager will report to the Executive Director and work close with the physicians, other members of the leadership team and the central office Human Resources team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
This role will lead and be responsible for the overall and wide-range functions of Human Resources, included but not limited to:
- Staff development and training
- Benefits administration
- Employee relations
- Recruiting and retention
Staff Development & Training
The Human Resources Manager will partner and collaborate with management to develop a workplace whereby the highest levels of employee morale, efficiency, growth and productivity can be achieved. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing an onboarding orientation for new employees
- Coordinating with Managers the creation standard operating procedure manuals for each positions
- Assist managers in developing programs / processes designed to enhance employee job satisfaction. These would include, but not be limited to:
- Developing / obtaining customer service training and interpersonal communication skills.
- Identifying and developing role specific continuing education / skill enhancement programming.
- Assisting with developing strong interdepartmental relationships
- Assist with developing and coordinating staff relations-related activities
- Staying current on all research and literature related to achieving and maintaining a high performing, highly satisfied workforce.
- Independently and/or in partnership, facilitate a variety of trainings to all-levels of staff
- Act as a liaison / facilitator for helping communicate staffing-related concerns and ideas for improving the workplace from line staff to management.
- Listen to staff/management concerns and address the issues in a positive and appropriate manner to resolve.
- Facilitate all job performance-related communication between management and staff.
- Communicate regularly with staff regarding information related to their employment (benefits, regulatory issues, etc.)
- Prepare and/or maintain employment records related to hiring, terminations, leave of absence, transfers and/or promotions.
- Ensure accuracy, compliance and confidentiality according to company policies and procedures, as well as all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Remain alert and abreast of Human Resources rules and regulations and communicate those to appropriate individuals.
Recruiting / Talent Management
- Prepare announcements of job vacancies; create job postings and advertisements; review resumes and administer applicant workflow process
- Conduct strategy sessions with hiring managers to discuss business need for position(s) and required/desired qualifications.
- Facilitate workflow process: refer qualified job applicants to managers, making hiring recommendations when appropriate.
- Finalize offer letters and employment for new-hires and promotions.
- Process new-hire paperwork including payroll related and policy acknowledgment forms.
- Conduct new-employee onboarding orientation.
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation; conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Other duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of staffing resources within the organization.
- Maintain current job descriptions
- Payroll administration
- Benefit administration
- Unemployment administration
- Reporting and metric analysis
- Administer and manage leave of absence and worker’s compensation / L&I claims
Essential Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of Human Resource leadership experience or professional work related experience in the field of Human Resources and staff development
- Flexibility to commute between locations when necessary (<15 miles)
- Maintain confidentiality; build trust
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail in creating, editing and dispersing materials
- Proficiency in using a variety of computer software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field is preferred
- HR certification preferred
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please email your cover letter and resume through the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidates under consideration will be scheduled for a phone interview with compelling candidates then invited to interview in person.
- We regret we are not in position to personally respond to all applicants.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent medical, dental, life insurance, disability and a generous retirement plan.