Find a Physician
Job SummaryProOrtho, a division of Proliance Surgeons, P.S., Inc. is currently seeking a part-time Radiologic Technologist.
Job DescriptionPosted: 12/27/2016
Performs radiographic procedures applying principles of radiation protection. Exercises judgment in performing procedures and provides patient care essential to radiographic procedures.
- Patient and pleasant personality; works well with a variety of people
- Flexible attitude
- Team player
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
- Interfaces well with staff and physicians
- Professional demeanor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operating radiologic and PACS equipment
- Positioning patients on table
- Calculating exposure factors
- Practicing radiation protection
- Caring for patient needs during examinations
- Keeping x-ray room(s) patient-ready
- Developing radiographs
- Maintain patient records
- Maintain x-ray files
- Coordinate mail, copying films, pulling surgery films
- Request x-rays from outside sources
- Handle phone calls pertaining to radiology requests
- Assist other personnel as directed by Director of Operations
- Current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) registration
- Current WA State Radiologic Technologist (WSRT) certification
- Outpatient clinical organizational ability
- 6-12 months clinical radiology experience
- Problem solving skills
- Skill in using a computer
- Knowledge of orthopedics and trauma
- Data entry/basic clerical skills
- Ability to remove oneself personally from given situations, remaining objective
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Understanding of the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit. Work is performed in an office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Use of telephone is required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
How to Apply:
For those interested in applying, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.