Find a Physician
Nurse Practitioner (NP) - GastroenterologyPrint
Job SummaryMinor & James Surgical Specialists, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is seeking a full time licensed/certified Nurse Practitioner for our well established, hospital affiliated Gastroenterology practice with three providers.
Job DescriptionPosted: 02/14/2017
Minor & James Surgical Specialists is a special team of healthcare providers dedicated to the highest level of excellence and leadership in medicine and surgery. We are committed to providing our patients with an attentive, comfortable and safe healthcare setting.
We are seeking a full time licensed/certified Nurse Practitioner for our well established, hospital affiliated and busy Gastroenterology practice with three providers.
Our clinic is located a few blocks from downtown in Seattle's First Hill neighborhood. Come work in one of the most vibrant neighborhoods that Seattle has to offer. We are easily accessible by bus, streetcar and light rail.
Hours are Monday through Friday with no weekends. Competitive compensation & benefit package provided.
- The Nurse Practitioner will provide assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and direction of care for the adult patients in accordance with National and Local Standards of Care
- Review and handle complex cases
- Work with physicians and team members to plan, implement and evaluate patient care
- Monitors effectiveness of plan of care
- Develop and implement management plan
- Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, and/or evaluate patient care plans
- Monitor, record and report symptoms or changes in patient conditions
- Maintain accurate detailed reports and records
- Record patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Direct or supervise nursing or other allied healthcare personnel
- Prescribe or recommend drugs, medical devices or other forms of treatment
- Order, interpret and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s condition
- Perform physical examination, make tentative diagnoses and treat patients
- Perform administrative or managerial functions as assigned
- Establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
- Facilitate referral of patients to appropriate healthcare facilities
Skills & Knowledge:
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members and to customers, contracted providers and vendors.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Board Certified Nurse Practitioner
- 1+ year of experience in Gastroenterology
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with others and demonstrated leadership qualities
How to Apply:
- Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Use “Nurse Practitioner - Gastroenterology” as the subject.
- Candidates under consideration will be scheduled for a telephone, Skype or FaceTime interview. Successful first round candidates will be invited to interview in person.
We regret we are not in a position to personally respond to all applicants.
About Proliance Surgeons:
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with 240 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, urology and more. Many of our surgeries are performed at our own outpatient surgery centers where costs are often lower and recovery times faster than at a hospital. Patients return home the day of their surgery to begin healing and rehabilitation and get back to doing what they love, faster. Proliance physicians helped more than 600,000 patients last year alone and performed over 75,000 surgeries. See www.proliancesurgeons.com for more information.