Find a Physician
Neurosurgery Medical Assistant - CMAPrint
Job SummaryOrthopedic Physician Associates, a premier orthopedic practice minutes from downtown Seattle and division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc. PS, is looking for a qualified individual to join our clinical team as a Medical Assistant.
Job DescriptionPosted: 03/14/2017
Orthopedic Physician Associates, a premier orthopedic practice minutes from downtown Seattle, is looking for a qualified individual to join our clinical team as a Medical Assistant. Orthopedic/Spine or Neurology experience strongly preferred; EPIC and/or NextGen software experience desired (but not required). Certification as a Medical Assistant is required.
The ideal candidate will exhibit a positive, compassionate and professional demeanor and be a highly organized team player. We are seeking an individual with outstanding phone etiquette and the desire to provide consistently excellent service for our patients. Additionally, a friendly personality with physicians and staff is required.
The primary role of the Medical Assistant is to provide direct clinical and administrative support to the physicians.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Triage patient phone calls, questions, and correspondence
- Assist physician(s) with patients seen in office
- Answer medical questions in office and on the phone; screening appointments
- Patients surgery and test scheduling
- Pre and post-operative/procedure patient education
- Post-operative/procedural follow-up with patients
- Prescription callbacks
- Registering patients; rooming patients
- Serve as liaison between physician and patient
- Back-up to Reception personnel; answer phones and prepare charts
- Scanning diagnostic imaging tests and other pertinent information into electronic medical record (EPIC)
- Prior authorization for surgery and diagnostic testing as ordered by physician
- Duties as assigned by Office Manager
- Certification as a Medical Assistant
- Minimum of one year’s experience in a fast-paced medical office
- Skill with busy phone work; neurosurgery, orthopedic or other surgical practice experience preferred
- Outpatient clinic setting experience desired
- Excellent patient care skills
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physicians and staff
- Strong ability to multi-task, problem-solve, and communicate clearly
- Excellent organizational skills
- Skill in reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Professional dress and demeanor at all times
- Work history with good employment tenure
How to Apply:
Please submit via email your resume and cover letter and include the salary range you are seeking to email@example.com.