Find a Physician
Experienced Medical ReceptionistPrint
Job SummaryVitreoretinal Associates of Washington, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc PS, is currently seeking an Experienced Medical Receptionist.
Job DescriptionPosted: 03/16/2017
Medical receptionists with experience are encouraged to apply for this great opportunity to join our team. We are a 9 provider, 6 location retina surgery practice. Our physicians are outstanding and the team that supports them is equally exceptional.
We offer outstanding care to our patients by handling a high volume of calls, registering and scheduling patients using NextGen software and proactively verifying patient benefits.
The best match for this team will know how to multi-task, prioritize, self-direct and have superior attention to detail. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running but can pace themselves enough to understand that the medical field is ever evolving. Asking questions instead of making assumptions is the key to being successful and learning all the idiosyncrasies of insurance requirements, scheduling protocol and so on.
As a division of Proliance Surgeons we are able to offer our employees a great small clinic atmosphere with the benefits of a large medical network.
Competitive wages with excellent benefits
Hours & Schedule:
Tuesdays - Fridays in Mountlake Terrace, 8:30AM - 5:00PM
Saturdays in Bellevue, 8:30AM - 1:00PM
36-40 hours total weekly.
Essential qualities include, but are not limited to:
- Patient and pleasant personality; works well with a variety of people
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
- Interfaces well with staff and physicians
- Professional demeanor
- Schedule appointments via telephone and in person
- Check in/register patients, verify information on established patients, and update patient information in computer
- Collect co-pays and payments on account in person and over the phone
- Answer patient calls and direct appropriately
- Accomplish other front office tasks such as records filing, faxing, opening mail, etc.
- Assist patients with online portal access
- Complete duties as directed by supervisor.
- High School education
- Minimum one year Medical Reception experience (desired)
- Problem solving skills
- Skill in using a computer
- Ability to type/data entry
- Ability to remove oneself personally from given situations, remaining objective
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Understanding of the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
How to Apply:
Please email your resume to email@example.com. No cover letter is required unless you would like to explain gaps in your employment history.