Find a Physician
Medical Phone ReceptionistPrint
Job SummaryProOrtho, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc, P.S., is currently seeking a full-time Medical Phone Receptionist.
Job DescriptionPosted: 03/24/2017
The role of the Medical Phone Receptionist is to act as a liaison for patient phone calls, gathering and inputting registration information and scheduling office appointments into NextGen software, and working in a team environment to perform front office support duties. This includes booking appointments, greeting patients, referral management, processing necessary information to support that activity and triaging with physicians and medical assistants on acute scheduling problems.
Essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Patient and pleasant personality; works well with a variety of people
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
- Interfaces well with staff and physicians
- Professional demeanor
- Pleasant and friendly tone of voice
- Answer patient calls and direct appropriately.
- Schedule appointments via telephone and in person
- Manage, track and call incoming referrals
- Back up check in/register patients, verify information on established patients, and update patient information in computer
- Collect co-pays and daily balancing of cash box.
- Facilitate flow of patients by coordinating with medical assistants
- Accomplish other front office tasks such as records filing, faxing, opening mail, etc.
- Assist patients with online portal access
- Complete duties as directed by supervisor.
- Assist other personnel as directed by department lead or Reception Supervisor
Education & Experience:
- High School education
- 1-2 years relevant experience in public contact
- Minimum one year Medical Reception experience (desired)
Skills & Abilities:
- Problem solving skills
- Skill in using a computer
- Ability to type/data entry
- Ability to remove oneself personally from given situations, remaining objective
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Understanding of the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
How to Apply:
Please email resumes & cover letters to ProOrthoJobs@proliancesurgeons.com, using "Medical Phone Receptionist" in the subject line.
We regret we are not in a position to personally respond to all applicants.
About Proliance Surgeons:
Proliance Surgeons, Inc., P.S. is one of the largest surgical practices in the country with approximately 241 physicians and 2000 employees. Specializing in Orthopaedics, Ear Nose & Throat, Ophthalmology and General Surgery, our physicians provide care at over 87 facilities in King, Snohomish, Pierce, Skagit and Benton counties of Washington. See www.proliancesurgeons.com for more information about our practice.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.