Find a Physician
Manager of Clinical ServicesPrint
Job SummaryProliance Orthopedic Associates, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc. P.S., is currently seeking a Manager of Clinical Services.
Job DescriptionPosted: 03/31/2017
Job Title: Manager of Clinical Services
Primary Function: Direct clinical activities to ensure appropriate patient access and coordination of high quality patient care.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Staff Supervised: Medical Assistants and Physician Extenders
This is a full time position, Monday through Friday with complete benefit package. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Long –Term Disability, 401K Retirement and Profit and Sharing Plan, Holidays, and paid time off.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in matters of clinical care and the development of patient care systems for the Medical Assistants. Work as a liaison to bridge the various departments to ensure consistent, timely and quality patient care. A member of the Leadership Team.
- Ensure that clinical policies and procedures are implemented and managed.
- Maintain regulatory standards, and ensure that the clinic is managed within those standards. OSHA, HIPAA, Certifications necessary for various positions.
- Evaluate resource needs and work within the parameters that are established.
- Conduct monthly meetings to communicate company objectives with the department leads. Make sure information is flowing to all levels of the organization.
- Mentor, coach and develop staff for current and future roles in the organization.
- Be a resource to the departmental staff for administering employee handbook policies and procedures.
- Resolve physician concerns regarding patient care activities.
- Work collaboratively with senior leadership team to accomplish company objectives.
- Evaluate performance within delegated areas and recommend merit increases, promotions and disciplinary action.
- Collect data, prepare reports, answer correspondence and compile statistics for administrative and regulator purposes.
- Participate in projects to improve clinical and financial benchmarks. Some examples are:
- Veteran’s Administration
- Ancillary Revenue analysis and development
- EMR development to streamline clinical objectives
- Process Improvement – identify processes that should/could be simplified.
- Ensure positive working relationships with outside entities such as ASC and VMC.
- Pursue professional development activities to ensure present practices and trends in healthcare are performed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of employee development to train staff.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Skill identifying problems, and researching and recommending solutions.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports, and responding to correspondence.
- Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to supervise the members of the health care team.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Experience: Five years of clinical experience in either an administrative or patient care function. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Certificate/License: Certified Medical Assistant or ATC
How to Apply:
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax number 425-291-1487.