Find a Physician
Certified Athletic Trainer Print
Job SummaryProOrtho, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is seeking a Certified Athletic Trainer who will provide back office support for an Orthopedic Surgeon in coordination of patient visits and related paperwork, phone calls, and administrative assisting.
Job DescriptionPosted: 04/12/2017
The AT will thrive in a fast paced environment; have a strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology, and provide excellent customer service.
Primary responsibilities include:
- supporting the physicians with patient care by using the AT’s knowledge of the prevention evaluation, rehabilitation and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries and conditions in the clinical setting.
- The AT will be responsible for rooming patients
- Updating the electronic medical record
- Obtaining a thorough history
- Performing the initial evaluation and presenting this information to the physician
- Placing orders
- Providing rehabilitation exercises, and educating the patient and their family on the next steps of care.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills or qualities:
- Patient and pleasant personality
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal relations in dealing with all ProOrtho physicians, employees, patients and outside clients
- Communicate accurate and complete information to ProOrtho physicians, employees, patients and outside clients
- Embrace and project the values of ProOrtho & Proliance Surgeons
- Strong computer skills
- Have initiative to ask questions, make proposals, and effectively problem solve
- Knowledge of insurance specifications
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent phone etiquette and ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
- Strong work ethic and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and follow through in a timely manner
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
- High School Diploma or equivalent; graduation from an Orthopedic Technology, Athletic Trainers or Physical Therapy program and be certified by the governing board of that field program
- Minimum of 1-3 years of orthopedic or sports medicine experience
- Current CPR (BLS)
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please email your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to ProOrthoJobs@proliancesurgeons.com
- Please use “ATC” in the subject line
We regret we are not in a position to personally respond to all applicants.