Find a Physician
Surgical Service Assistant Print
Job SummaryProliance Eastside Surgery Center, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is looking for a full-time Surgical Service Assistant to join our team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 04/12/2017
The Surgical Service Assistant is responsible for a variety of duties including direct patient care tasks under the direct supervision of the Proliance eastside surgery center Registered Nurse as well as non-direct patient care activities in support of unit function and the conduct of the daily ASC schedule.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Medical and or Surgical Assistant experience preferred.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for Operating Room case preparation, set up, housekeeping and room turn-over
- Assist in providing the cleaning and sterilization process in compliance with AORN/AMII standards
- Daily linen order
- Provides instrumentation and equipment needed for surgical procedures in an organized manner utilizing general instrument and surgeon preference cards
- Assist OR/PACU in patient transport
- Daily and weekly walk around
- Review core daily checklist and scanned to PESC share drive
- Check fire extinguishers on a monthly basis
- Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values
- Responsible for a variety of duties including direct patient care tasks under the direct supervision of the RN
- Required to wear surgical scrubs, hat and shoe covers. You must wear a mask over the nose and mouth in the OR suite during a procedure
- Must have oral and written language skills, visual and listening skills in order to communicate, ensure and deliver safe patient care
- Must possess basic skills to use Microsoft Office, specialized software and electronic office equipment
- Provides patient care, based on physical, psychosocial educational, safety and related criteria, specific to the age of the patient population served in the nursing unit
- Adhere to organizational patient safety standards relevant to the department or nursing unit
- Assist in pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative case activities at the direction of the MD/RN
- Awareness of location of appropriate safety equipment
- Awareness of safety plans; able to describe appropriate procedures
- Provides safe environment for patients in compliance with PESC policies and procedures
- Recognize and treat all patients, guests, and colleagues as customers, to actively support a culture of teamwork. Demonstrate effective teamwork
- Establish and maintain an environment of effective communication enhancing trust, honesty and respect for our patients, guests and one another
- Constructively surface and deal with conflict in respectful and productive ways and demonstrate active listening skills and effective problem solving techniques
- Possible exposure to radiation
- Possible exposure to fumes, dust
- Possible exposure to infectious/hazardous materials
- Possible exposure to OSHA Blood/body Fluids (BBF)
- Physical guidelines include ability to stand/walk for up to eight hours per day; bend, stoop, twist; assist patients in turning, rising from recliners and stretchers, assist patients in and out of wheelchairs, push wheelchairs, and assist with the moving of patients on and off the operating room table
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please email your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to ProOrthoJobs@Proliancesurgeons.com.
- Use "SSA" in the subject line
We regret we are not in a position to respond to all applicants