Find a Physician
Operating Room Surgical Technologist Print
Job SummaryProliance Eastside Surgery Center, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., P.S., is seeking to fill a full-time Operating Room Surgical Technologist position.
Job DescriptionPosted: 05/12/2017
The Operating Room Scrub Technician participates in the care of the surgical patient in the operating room, collaborating with the physician and the circulating nurse during the perioperative course to ensure a positive surgical outcome.
Minimum requirements include:
- Graduation from an accredited school of technology
- Current licensure in the State of Washington as Scrub Technician
- CPR certification
Preferred accomplishments include:
- Experience in orthopedics and outpatient surgery
- Two years of operating room experience is desired
The applicant must be able to:
- Communicate effectively and work compatibly with all physicians and staff
- Be organized and efficient
- Possess a clear understanding of the importance of cost containment in an ambulatory surgery center
- The applicant needs to have the knowledge and clinical skills to perform the job duties of an operating room scrub technician
- Knowledge of aseptic technique and surgical instrumentation is necessary
- Must have an aptitude for understanding, use of, and troubleshooting of machines and equipment
- Must have an understanding of the proper use of high-speed autoclaves and sterilization techniques
- The applicant should have an ability to be flexible in job duties and work schedule
- Physical guidelines include ability to stand/walk for up to eight hours per day
- Bend, stoop, twist
- Assist patients in turning, rising from recliners and stretchers
- Assist patients in and out of wheelchairs, push wheelchairs
- Assist with the moving of patients on and off the operating room table
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds
A. Job Responsibilities
1. Work with all members of the health care team to provide optimal care to the patient throughout the surgical course.
2. Maintain a friendly, positive, and caring attitude with all patients, physicians, and staff.
3. Maintain excellent physical and mental health.
4. Assures that the proper supplies, instruments and equipment are available for the procedure.
5. Assures the equipment is functioning properly.
6. Monitor use of and charge for all supplies used during the procedure. Assist with inventory control by proper count of supplies used.
7. Sign all appropriate documentation.
8. Continue education to meet state requirements and keep current with health care.
9. Display professionalism at work and in the community as a representative of the Ambulatory Surgery Center.
10. Take an active role on committees within the department.
11. Identifies actual and potential risk to patients and others and takes action to minimize or eliminate risk and maximize safety.
B. Job Duties:
1. Prepare for the next day’s cases by gathering supplies, instruments and equipment.
2. Wipe flat surfaces in OR the morning of surgery.
3. Set up room with supplies required for the procedure.
4. Assist with positioning of the patient for procedure, using proper positioning techniques.
5. Monitors for breaks in aseptic technique.
6. Performs sponge and needle counts as appropriate.
7. Is prepared for emergency situations by knowing correct procedures and locations of emergency call system.
8. Assists entire team throughout procedure to ensure a desired outcome.
9. Monitors that Universal Precautions are maintained.
10. Assists in cleaning of room and instruments.
11. Keeps workroom neat and clean.
12. Assists with ordering of supplies as needed.
13. Updates physician preference cards.
14. Inspects instruments for proper working order and notifies the Nurse Manager of any that need to be replaced or sent for repair.
15. Checks for outdated supplies.
16. Will assist in restocking of OR, wrapping and sterilization of instruments.
17. Will assist with planning for yearly budget.
18. Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please email your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to email@example.com.
We regret that we are not in a position to respond to all applicants.