Find a Physician
Job SummaryOverlake Ambulatory Surgery Center a division of Proliance surgeons, Inc., in Bellevue, WA, is looking for a driven detail oriented medical billing specialist to join our team!
Job DescriptionPosted: 05/12/2017
General Summary of Duties:
This position contributes to the company by handling various business office functions, including: billing, cash posting, chart preparation, cash posting, collections, insurance verification, medical records, patient registration, and scheduling.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Works all identified insurance requirement edits through SurgiSource
- Reviews the insurance contract profiles in SurgiSource to ensure the system is making appropriate adjustments based on the procedure and type of reimbursement
- Works with electronic billing vendor to resolve any e-billing issues, denied claims, etc.
- Generates and processes all insurance claims
- Researches required information and maintains pending follow up on a daily/weekly basis
- Communicates daily information needed for billing
- Prints appropriate billing forms and forwards them to the insurance carrier.
- Prints statements to patients for balances due, and if information is available, bills secondary Insurance carrier
- Inputs charges to create claims in SurgiSource
- Sends electronic insurance claims to clearinghouse (Greenway)
- Reconciles Batch report and Billed insurance report
- Reconciles Billed insurance report with Greenway Batch report
- Maintains daily tasks with Greenway current
- Reviews Greenway online errors. Makes appropriate corrections and resubmits claims
- Reviews Greenway messages and updates DBS if needed
- Maintains weekly error log and Non-Covered Procedure logs
- Performs follow up activities timely on all accounts to ensure prompt payment
- Maintains daily queue on desktop
- Identifies coding or billing problems from EOBs and works to correct the errors in a timely manner
- Prepares accounts for rebilling and for filing secondary insurance; sends to carrier with necessary documents, as needed
- Completes filing and follow-up on insurance denials with coder and physicians to obtain reimbursement
- Updates the patient account record to identify actions taken on the account
- Updates SurgiSource and re-files claims, as required
- Assigns Bad Debt accounts to Collection Agency as approved by DBS
- Completes the reconciliation of accounts that are turned over to outside agencies
- Notifies DBS/Administrator of contractual issues that are contrary or inconsistent with contract language
- Negotiates payment plans on self-pay accounts utilizing established policies regarding Settlement Discounts
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining accounts receivable days
- Responsible for the reduction and maintenance of bad debt
- Follows Best Practices regarding initial follow-up/first contact for insurance claims and subsequent follow-up
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please email your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use subject "Billing Specialist" as the subject