Find a Physician
Float Medical Assistant (MA- Certified)/ Float Medical Receptionist Print
Job SummaryThree Rivers – Ear, Nose, and Throat, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., in Kennewick, Washington is looking for a dynamic individual to join our team as a part-time Float Medical Assistant/Medical Receptionist.
Job DescriptionPosted: 05/23/2017
The primary role of this position is to provide direct clinical and administrative support to the aligned physician(s) including patient triage of phone calls, questions and correspondence. The ideal candidate will exhibit a professional appearance and demeanor and be a highly organized team player. Outstanding phone etiquette and consistently demonstrating a compassionate and positive personality with patients, physicians and staff is required.
Medical Assistant Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Assist physicians with patients seen in the office
- Minor office procedures (removing sutures, dressing changes, etc.)
- Take and input history for new patients
- Answer medical questions in the office and on the phone; screening appointments
- Pre and post-operative patient education
- Post-operative follow-up with patients
- Prescription callbacks
- Serve as liaison between physician and patient
- Electronically file patient records/information
- Complete duties as directed by supervisor
Receptionist Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Schedule appointments via telephone and in person
- Check in/register patients, verify information on established patients, and update patient information in computer
- Collect co-pays and payments on account
- Answer patient calls and direct appropriately
- Accomplish other front office tasks such as records filing, faxing, opening mail, etc.
- Assist patients with online portal access
- Process medical records requests
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and via phone
- Expertise in exhibiting cooperation, flexibility and providing assistance when interfacing with patients, physicians and staff
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Understanding and respecting the need for confidentiality
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
- Certification as a Medical Assistant
- NextGen experience desired
- Medical records experience
We offer a competitive salary and benefits and an opportunity to work with a wonderful team of great physicians!
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please email your cover letter (with desired salary) and resume through the form below or email to: ThreeRiversRecruiter@proliancesurgeons.com.