Find a Physician
Job SummaryRainier Orthopedic Institute, a division of Proliance Surgeon, Inc., s is growing and looking for qualified Practice Administrators to lead our care centers. If you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding role in practice management for a physician-owned and managed medical group with excellent patient outcomes, we’d love to hear from you.
Job DescriptionPosted: 06/30/2017
Reporting to the care center’s Managing Partner and Proliance Surgeons’ COO, the Practice Administrator role encompasses all of the responsibilities traditionally associated with the senior administrator of a medical group.
- Monitor and manage all aspects of the practice’s operations as a means of continuously improving the patient experience and ensuring that every patient encounter is a positive one
- Lead and direct all activities related to administration, facilities, marketing, medical records, patient satisfaction, personnel management and regulatory compliance
- Develop annual budgets and manage the variables that contribute to strong financial performance. Analyze the practice’s financial performance and champion opportunities for improvement
- Develop smart, cost effective approaches for marketing the practice and enhancing its relationships with hospitals, practices and providers
- Lead a productive, team-oriented work environment. Be a reliable presence in the office and conduct regular staff meetings to provide information and solicit feedback. Coach and mentor staff by example and through use of clearly communicated expectations, progress meetings and performance reviews
- Manage physician and staff recruitment, onboarding and compensation administration
- Ensure that company core values are modeled and policies and procedures are followed
- Leverage the resources in the Proliance Central Office to help meet the needs of the practice
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in health care administration or a business discipline
- Five or more years in health care administration positions of increasing responsibility, ideally in an independent medical group environment and involving the management of clinics, ambulatory surgery centers and ancillaries
- Demonstrated skills in finance, human resources, marketing, operations and strategy
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word skills; NextGen EPM experience a plus
Professional and Personal Qualities
- Ability to serve as both a hands-on manager and a high performing individual contributor
- Excellent judgment, understands what s/he does not know and what questions to ask to reach well informed decisions that minimize risk
- Self-effacing, humble yet confident person who is self-motivated, flexible, deals well with ambiguity and does not require positional authority to get things done
- Capable communicator who is able to articulate ideas, thoughts and questions clearly and appropriately
- Skilled manager with a collaborative style who influences change and builds consensus for ideas and recommendations that move teams forward
- Passionate and proactive about solving problems, adding value and delivering superior results
- Compassion for colleagues and subordinates and able to sustain collegiality and team orientation in a high performance culture
- Process orientation
- Absolute and unquestioned integrity
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please email your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use “Administrator-ROI” as the subject
- Candidates under consideration will be scheduled for a video interview with select candidates then invited to interview in person
- We regret we are not in position to personally respond to all applicants.
About Proliance Surgeons:
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with 200 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 60 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopaedics, sports medicine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, urology and more. Many of our surgeries are performed at our own outpatient surgery centers – where costs are often lower and recovery times faster than at a hospital. Patients return home the day of their surgery to begin healing and rehabilitation and get back to doing what they love, faster. Proliance physicians helped more than 600,000 patients last year alone, and performed over 77,000 surgeries.
See www.proliancesurgeons.com for more information about our practice.