Find a Physician
ASC Nurse ManagerPrint
Job SummaryPuyallup Ambulatory Surgery Center, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is looking to hire a full-time an ASC Nurse Manager.
Job DescriptionPosted: 07/19/2017
THE ASC Nurse Manager is responsible for the overall daily function of the facility. Responsible for directing, coordinating and controlling the multi-disciplinary activities required providing a safe environment for patients undergoing surgical intervention. Also responsible for the interpretation, direction and evaluation of nursing practice to insure safe, efficient, and therapeutically effective nursing care throughout the ASC.
RECEIVED: Administrator, ASC Director and ASC Managing Physician
GIVEN: All ASC Employees
A. Is a graduate of a Professional School of Nursing
B. Current State license as a Registered Nurse
C. Current certification in basic CPR for Healthcare Professionals
D. Evidence of continuing education
E. At least two years nursing critical care / surgery nursing supervisory experience / ASC management experience preferred
F. Good command of the English language, both verbal and written
G. Ability to work well with physicians, employees, patients and others
H. Current ACLS certification, preferred
I. The Governing Board or Licensing Council may periodically determine other qualifications
A. Requires extensive mobility (walking and standing) while supervising
B. Periodic pushing, pulling, and lifting of patients and/or equipment
C. May have exposure to patients with communicable diseases
A. Attends all professional staff and Governing Board meetings; prepares agenda, gathers data for review and analysis, and prepares minutes
B. Reviews, revises and updates all Policy and Procedure Manuals, Bylaws, Job Descriptions, Committee functions, etc. on a regular basis
C. Approves order for supplies, equipment and services
D. Assures the facility's compliance with all local, state and federal regulations. Deals with all review agencies
E. Assists with hiring, evaluation, discipline. Trains, orients and evaluates workloads for the ASC
F. Resolves conflicts, mediates, and requires compliance with policies by employees and physicians
1. Assumes responsibility for the formulation and implementation of a nursing philosophy and objectives consistent with the stated goals of the ASC
2. Is responsible for the development of policies, procedures, and staffing essential to the achievement of the philosophy and objectives of the ASC. Reviews and revises these in collaboration with the nursing staff, and the Professional Staff, keeping up to date on current trends in nursing practice and patient care
3. Responsible for evaluation of programs and patient care activities
4. Is responsible for continued compliance with regulatory standards and assures documentation of patient care to meet criteria dictated by legal practice, state and federal health standards
1. Is responsible for developing an organizational structure, assigning responsibilities and delegating authority that will facilitate safe, effective and efficient care for the surgical patient
2. Provides leadership and support in developing and maintaining effective relationships with the Professional Staff
3. Establishes, maintains, analyzes and evaluates standards of nursing care within the facility in compliance with professional nursing standards and recommended operating room, pre- and post-operative procedures
4. Is responsible for collaborating on standards of performance and maintaining effective working relationships with nursing personnel and support services such as housekeeping, laundry, maintenance, and accounting
5. Is responsible for assisting in the recruitment, retention, evaluation and supervision of nursing personnel
6. Maintains awareness of professional issues at the local, state and national levels that impact the delivery of nursing services and health care management
7. Is responsible for the maintenance of effective and efficient patient care in the facility
8. Initiates and/or supports activities to control costs without compromising patient care
9. Ensures that existing nursing policies and procedures are understood and implemented
10. Is responsible for the ordering, receiving, storage and distribution of medical supplies and drugs, including monitoring usage and adjusting stock levels according to needs of the ASC
11. Make recommendations for medical supplies and equipment purchases based on the evaluation of new and/or improved products
12. Delegates administrative responsibilities to another staff RN in her absence, with notification to the Clinic Administrator, Business Manager and the Medical Director
1. Is available for guidance, counseling and support as needed by the nursing staff
2. Provides and supervises nursing orientation programs and monthly staff development sessions as needed
3. Provides appropriate resources for meeting the educational needs of the nursing staff.
4. Reduces chances of nosocomial infection by directing attention to infection control and environmental safety practices
5. Supervises the collection of all required records and reports
6. Communicates effectively with all staff and ensures that all necessary information is disseminated
7. Holds individual employees accountable for assigned responsibilities, individual goals and future expectations through annual performance reviews
8. Participates as an active member on assigned facility committees and attends Professional Staff and Board Meetings
J. Clinical Practice
1. Is expected to have general nursing knowledge of all surgical procedures performed at the ASC.
2. Supervises and performs, as needed, peri-operative nursing care.
3. Collaborates with the Professional Staff in determining the outcome of patient care activities via the quality assurance program.
4. Evaluates the environment where patient care activities takes place and makes appropriate changes as indicated.
5. Coordinates Performance Improvement programs for equipment, procedures, and policy changes in the ASC.
6. Is thoroughly familiar with and totally comfortable in the role of patient advocate as it applies to peri-operative nursing.
7. Oversees responsibility for assurance of patient safety during the state of enforced dependency created during the peri-operative phase of patient care.
8. Is responsible for creating and maintaining a safe, therapeutic environment in which the patient's psychological, physiological and physical needs are identified, anticipated and met.
9. Has a thorough working knowledge of surgical aseptic technique and its application.
K. The above statements reflect the general outline considered necessary to
describe the principle functions of this job. It shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job.
Maintains patient confidentiality at all times being aware of the need for privacy when discussing personal and financial matters at the front desk. Must maintain a work area that assures Puyallup Ambulatory Surgery Center, a division of Proliance Surgeons, that no PHI will be disclosed to anyone in the clinic setting.
Functional Requirement/ Hazards:
May be exposed to, but not limited to, hazardous materials. Onsite SDS manual lists the hazardous materials.
Osha Blood Borne Category:
A. Category I
Blood or other body fluids exposure is regular and expected.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please email your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.