Find a Physician
Per-Diem Radiology Technologist Print
Job SummaryProliance Orthopedic Associates, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is seeking a Per-Diem employee to join our radiology tech team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 07/21/2017
In our radiology department we strive to provide quality orthopedic imaging in a safe and efficient manner. We are looking for someone with experience in general orthopedic imagining and familiarity with digital imaging. Applicant must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining strong interpersonal and customer service skills in dealing with patients, physicians, management, co-workers or other employees.
This individual is responsible for performing radiologic procedures. You will complete a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, initiative, and ingenuity in order to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques; using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors
- Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; developing radiographs by following established standards and procedures; developing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments
- Ensures patient’s safety for procedures by obtaining medical clearances when needed
- Educates patients by providing medication and treatment information and instructions; answer questions
- Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment and test results
- Maintains a safe, secure and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Maintain patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential
- Serves and protects the physician or healthcare provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state and local requirements
- Maintains required credentials to perform x-ray duties
- Satisfactory completion of formal radiologic technology in an AMA approved school
- Certified with the State of Washington Department of Health
- Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists preferred
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please email your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to Jamie- HR Manager- email@example.com.