Find a Physician
Information Security AnalystPrint
Job SummaryProliance Surgeons’, Inc., Corporate Office, in Seattle is looking for a full-time Information Security Analyst to join our IT team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 09/07/2017
The Information Security Analyst will be responsible for implementing, monitoring and assessing the state of security controls designed to protect patient and other sensitive or confidential information. The analyst will help coordinate and maintain Proliance’s information security program, and assist staff in implementing security policy objectives in ways that align with business objectives. The analyst also will assist in evaluating, assessing, and monitoring Proliance’s compliance with applicable information security standards and frameworks, industry best-practices and guidelines, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Lead the effort of building and refining Proliance’s IT security compliance program while ensuring that HIPAA/HITECH security requirements and other regulatory and audit requirements are met
- Implement and maintain IT security controls, including IT security policy changes required by technical, business, or compliance changes; assist in developing and revising IT security policies, procedures, and standards
- Facilitate annual security compliance reviews and audits
- Provide identity access governance to ensure user access is appropriate and in compliance with standards
- Assist in the assessment and review of new and existing technology infrastructure to ensure adequate levels of control are in place to address identified risks and develop risk mitigation techniques and processes when necessary
- Develop, implement, and maintain IT compliance controls, including the review of existing controls for regulatory updates and perform necessary gap analysis
- Design and execute compliance tests for IT systems and coordinates required remediation and corrective action plans
- Conduct risk assessments on business and operational processes, procedures, and policies; interpret audit results and make conclusions on the adequacy and reliability of controls; prepare and present reports, as necessary
- Stay informed about current security and privacy laws and provide guidance to IT team when for new projects; and perform other duties as assigned
- This position will jointly report to Chief Information Officer and Chief Risk Officer
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a technical discipline related to Information Technology
- Minimum of 5+ years of progressive experience in IT security, including 4 years in information technology shared services
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in healthcare highly desired
- Strong working knowledge of common IT security regulations and/or industry standards
- Strong understanding of IT governance controls
- Must understand the current security threats model and demonstrate a strong willingness to stay at the forefront of security developments
- Strong analytical and decision making skills, including the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects under time constraints
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, including multi-level staff and external partners
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with change management
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please email your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Proliance Surgeons:
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more. Many of our surgeries are performed at our own outpatient surgery centers—where costs are often lower and recovery times faster than at a hospital. Patients return home the day of their surgery to begin healing and rehabilitation and get back to doing what they love, faster. Proliance physicians helped more than 650,000 patients last year alone and performed over 85,000 surgeries. See www.proliancesurgeons.com for more information about our practice.