Find a Physician
Registered Nurse, Pre-op Coordinator Print
Job SummaryProliance Eastside surgery Center, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is looking for a full-time Registered Nurse, Pre-op Coordinator to join their clinic.
Job DescriptionPosted: 11/30/2017
The RN Pre-Op Coordinator reviews and assesses all patients scheduled for surgery, working with Anesthesia to ensure each patient is an appropriate candidate for Outpatient Surgery. Verifying all required documents have been received and test results have been approved by Anesthesia. This position includes patient calls along with close communication with provider’s offices.
Minimum requirements include:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Current State licensure and ACLS accreditation
- Two years of Recovery Room, Intensive Care or Emergency Room experience is desired
- Preferred accomplishments include:
- Experience in Orthopedics and outpatient surgery
The applicant must be able to:
- Communicate effectively
- Have the ability to work compatibly with all physicians and staff
- The preferred applicant will possess strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Have a clear understanding of the importance of professional etiquette through phone calls and email correspondence
- The applicant needs to have the knowledge and clinical skills to perform the job duties of a Recovery Room nurse
- Must be able to assess patients over the phone and be able to handle emergency situations appropriately
Physical guidelines include:
- Ability to stand/walk/sitting for up to eight hours per day
- Bend, stoop, and twist
- This job is mostly at a desk and includes a lot of phone calls
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds
A. Job Responsibilities:
- Work with all members of the health care team to provide optimal care to the patient throughout their surgical experience.
- Collaborate with staff when setting the surgery schedule to ensure proper patient lineup.
- Each surgery chart will be reviewed by RN and pre-op phone calls made daily.
- Maintain a friendly, positive and caring attitude with all patient, physicians and staff.
- Maintain excellent physical and mental health.
- Document appropriately the care/instructions given to the patient.
- Ensure preparation is complete for the next day’s cases.
- Continue education to meet State requirements and keep current with health care.
- Perform administrative duties pertinent to the position. (ie. Daily documentation of missing paperwork and monthly reports).
- Display professionalism at work and in the community as a representative of the Center.
- Identifies actual and potential risk to patients and others and takes action to minimize or eliminate risk and maximize safety.
B. Job Duties:
- Prepare for arrival of patients to the surgery center by making sure that all required documentation and testing have been performed and received.
- Review patient charts for health history, make sure permission for surgery has been given.
- Ensure all cardiac documentation necessary is available for Anesthesia to review in a timely manner.
- Provide information to the patient and their caregiver to assure that they understand their instructions, know what to expect for their upcoming surgery and all questions have been answered.
- Communicate with other health care team members to assure continuity of care in the Center.
- Ability to assist as needed in Admitting and Recovery room, including post-op calls to patients after surgery.
- Is prepared for emergency situations by knowing correct procedures and locations of emergency call system.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please email your cover letter and résumé through the form below or email to ProOrthoJobs@Proliancesurgeons.com, and use “Preop RN” in the subject line.
We regret that we are not in a position to respond to all applicants.