Find a Physician
Sterile Processing TechnicianPrint
Job SummaryProliance Orthopedic Associates, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., has an opening for a full-time Sterile Processing Technician in a fast paced Ambulatory surgery center.
Job DescriptionPosted: 02/20/2018
The Sterile Processing Technician performs technical tasks that support the surgery center. In addition this position is responsible for decontamination, correct assembly, and sterile processing of all instrumentation used in the operating rooms. This person must have knowledge of universal precautions, and sterilization methodologies. The preferred applicant will be organized and efficient.
- Reviews surgery schedule on an ongoing basis to determine priority of surgical instrumentation needed
- Inspects, tests, assembles, packages and labels OR surgical instruments in preparation of sterilization to ensure that instruments are ready and available when needed
- Sterilizes instruments by operating steam sterilization
- Runs biological monitoring and incubates, reads and records biological monitor results
- Decontaminates instrumentation and equipment following facility written policies and procedures
- Prepares disinfectants and other solutions and operates mechanical washers and ultrasonic cleaners for decontamination
- Recognizes safety hazards and initiates appropriate corrective/preventive measures
- Ability to receive and give direction and to identify and use proper chain of command. Demonstrate willingness to learn and accept changes
- Adheres to the facility Standards of business conduct and HIPAA privacy and security requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in the English Language
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the principles and theory relating to decontamination and sterilization procedures required
- Detailed knowledge of identification and proper handling of surgical instrumentation and assembly of full surgical instrument tray, surgical power equipment, and scopes also required
- Frequent periods of walking and standing
- Exposure to and contact with disinfectants, cleaning agents, and sterilants
- Work is performed in a clean, climate-controlled, well-lit environment
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST), or Certified Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD)
- One year of sterile processing experience preferred
The Sterile Processing Tech position is Monday – Friday, 5 days a week with 8 hour shifts. There are no calls, week-ends or holidays, but the candidate must be willing to work beyond scheduled hours if necessary.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please email your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to Jamie Patnode at email@example.com or fax 425-656-5047.