This position is responsible for a variety of duties including payment posting, ERA review, charge entry, and unpaid claim follow-up.
· Data entry of medical charges and claims submittal
· Make adjustments to and rebill patient accounts
· Research, audit, and investigate proper payment of claims and patient accounts
· Updating of patient insurance information, including memo entry for billing documentation
· Customer service
· Process ERA vouchers
· Accounts receivable follow-up; includes written and verbal correspondence with patients and insurers
· Minimum 2 years medical billing experience required; orthopedic experience preferred
· Ability to read and interpret EOBs
· Problem solving skills
· Knowledge of medical terminology and CPT and ICD9 coding
· Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physicians and staff
· Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
· Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
· Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
· Ability to communicate effectively in person and over the phone
· Nextgen software experience a plus
Ideal candidate will have experience with specialist services
We offer competitive wages and great benefits--and an opportunity to work with a wonderful team for great physicians.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please email your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.