Find a Physician
Job SummaryPuget Sound Orthopaedics, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., has an opening for a Materials Manager in our busy ambulatory surgery center.
Job DescriptionPosted: 01/05/2018
The position is full-time Monday-Friday.
The ideal candidate enjoys working in a fast paced environment, Orthopaedic experience a plus.
The Materials Manager is responsible for managing and maintaining an inventory system in order to ensure that adequate supplies / instruments and equipment are available to perform surgical and endoscopic procedures.
- High school education
- Surgical technology training
License Requirements and/or other requirements:
1. Must pass a criminal background check.
2. Washington state surgical technologist or sterile processing technician registration is preferred.
3. National certification as a surgical technologist is preferred.
Job Specific Functions:
1. Primary Duties: adheres to and promotes goals, policies and procedures of the surgery center.
2. Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
3. Orders and maintains sufficient, cost effective surgery supply inventory. Verifies supplies needed to be purchased based on par level.
4. Receives all packing slips, matches to the corresponding purchase orders and submits for processing.
5. Serves as contact person regarding special order items needing to be purchased.
6. Performs cost analysis for supplies, assets, etc. as requested.
7. Ensures all building issues are addressed and resolved with appropriate contacts.
8. Checks all medical gases daily and orders as needed.
9. Checks generator weekly to assure proper functioning and maintains log.
10. Coordinates quarterly fire drills with safety officer and maintains operation of fire panel.
11. Conducts and oversees semi-annual inventory physical counts and reconciliation.
12. Contacts biomedical or repair company for non-functioning equipment and maintains log.
13. Oversees overall building safety issues.
14. Ensures overall surgery center cleanliness through contracted housekeeping service.
15. Negotiates and reviews service and repair contracts with CEO.
16. Coordinates loaner equipment and managing trials.
17. Plans/coordinates startup services with new surgeons.
18. Reviews applicable annual Policies and Procedures with Director, as requested.
19. Provides implant invoices to Business Services.
20. Reconciles, verifies and submits purchasing invoices to Accounts Payable Department.
21. Plans/coordinates usage of space for supplies and personnel.
22. Ensures compliance to departmental budgets.
23. Controls facility keys and maintenance.
24. Participates in meetings and committees, as requested.
25. Performs other duties as assigned.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, prescription, long term disability, FSA, 401(k) retirement plan, holidays, and paid time off.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please visit our website http://www.pugetsoundorthopaedics.com/. Click on the employment tab to view open positions, you must complete an application to be considered for the position.