Find a Physician
Certified Physician Assistant Print
Job SummaryProliance Orthopedic Associates, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is looking for a Certified Physician Assistant that specializes in orthopedics to join our orthopedic urgent care.
Job DescriptionPosted: 05/09/2018
The PA will work under the supervision of an orthopedic surgeon in an orthopedic clinical setting. However, you will need to be able to work independently with your daily duties. This is a clinic only position. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a cutting edge Orthopedic Practice.
Include but are not limited to:
- Evaluating and treating orthopedic patients
- Post-operative patients
- Interpreting X-ray and MRI results
- Educating patients
- Responds to more emergent needs of patients
- Conducts physical exams, taking medical history, image interpretation and patient evaluation/care
- Consults with physician as needed and refers to physicians for more complicated cases or cases that are not a routine part of a PA’s scope of work
- Orders diagnostic tests and scans and prescribes medications
- Administer injections, participate in suture and dressing removal and manage simple fracture management/cast application and removal
- Monitors therapies and provides continuity of care
- Triages patient calls and evaluates patient problems. Responds to emergencies including use of CPR
- Counsels patient/family on preventive health care, including pre- and post- operative education
- Documents patient information and care in medical record
- Participate in physician call and rounding schedule rotation and after-hours urgent-care clinic shifts
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Preference will be given to those candidates that have greater than 2 years of experience in an urgent care setting
- As well as proficiency with EMR systems
Proliance Orthopedic Associates (POA) is one of the largest orthopedic clinics in Greater Seattle area, Renton and Covington, WA. POA offers orthopedic surgery and General Orthopedics for the Hand, Wrist, Shoulder, Elbow, Foot, Ankle, and Spine, as well as full body MRI Imaging services, Sports Medicine, and Digital Radiography. Our expert team of physicians, surgeons, physician assistants, ARNP, and certified athletic trainers are part of the 180+ employees who partner to provide quality care designed to support a healthier, more active lifestyle.
We are located in Renton, WA which is 10 miles south of Seattle. Seattle offers endless outdoor activities including boating, snow skiing, water skiing, hiking, and biking. Seattle also has professional sports, cultural activities, and many entertainment opportunities.
POA offers excellent medical benefits, CME reimbursement, 401K contribution, payment of all hospital staff dues and licensures, and competitive salaries dependent on experience levels.
For more information about our practice please visit our website at: www.prolianceorthopedicassociates.com
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please email your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to email@example.com.