Find a Physician
Senior Healthcare Business AnalystPrint
Job SummaryThe corporate office of Proliance Surgeons, Inc. is looking for a full-time Senior Healthcare Business Analyst to join their team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 06/29/2018
The Senior Healthcare Business Analyst will provide the organization with the data needed to create reports that pinpoint problems or areas for improvement to maximize each facility’s performance and profit. In addition, this position will provide feedback on the selection of reporting tools, implement reporting tools, maintain reporting tools, and work with others to create operational and financial reports.
This position reports to the Director of Financial Analytics.
- Design and implement Business Intelligence/Reporting solutions
- Design and assist in implementing a data warehouse solution that contains system wide data from a variety of sources both clinical and financial
- Build and maintain relational table, schema and libraries for a data warehouse to be used as a source for ad-hoc analytics and BI/Reporting tools
- Provide feedback for database design, data model decisions, and metric definitions
- Create queries to calculate various metrics like cases, procedures, payments, time to bill, case types, AR, etc. off of back-end transactional data stored in SQL local and cloud based databases
- Maintain user security and train users on reporting tools
- Optimize speed within reporting solutions
- Assists in data migration, integration, cleansing, ETL, replicated, and cloned new database instances
- Using Excel, SQL, Access, or other data analysis tools, develops analyses to support decision making
- Engages in process and quality improvement activities to minimize manual efforts
- Performs other duties as required by management
- Bachelor’s degree or greater Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related field
- MBA/MHA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the healthcare industry with a focus on data analytics and healthcare metrics
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a programmer in a relational database environment
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in data analytics
Skills/Professional and Personal Qualities:
- Knowledge of healthcare coding conventions and terminology. i.e. (ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS codes)
- Broad range knowledge of ASC’s, Clinics, and Ancillary Services
- Experience working with healthcare data
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with common data analytics tools including Excel, Access, SQL, or other analytics tools
- Advanced skills with T-SQL, complex SQL queries, SQL Management Studio, Reporting Services and Analysis Services tools
- Experience (writing reports, maintaining systems, ensuring data integrity, defining and creating datasets) with Business Intelligence tools like Tableau, Domo, QlikView, SiSense, or Looker
- Ability to understand the business requirements, user needs and the relationship between user requests and database integrity
- Ability to communicate effectively using data with all levels of the organization
- Self-motivated team player able to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to lead projects and initiatives
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please email your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use “Senior Healthcare Business Analyst” as the subject
- Applicants under consideration will be scheduled for a Skype or FaceTime interview. Successful first round candidates will be invited to interview in person
- We regret we are not in position to personally respond to all applicants
About Proliance Surgeons:
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with 200 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 60 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopaedics, sports medicine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, urology and more. Many of our surgeries are performed at our own outpatient surgery centers - where costs are often lower and recovery times faster than at a hospital. Patients return home the day of their surgery to begin healing and rehabilitation and get back to doing what they love, faster. Proliance physicians helped more than 600,000 patients last year alone, and performed over 77,000 surgeries. See www.proliancesurgeons.com for more information about our practice.