Find a Physician
Authorization Specialist Print
Job SummaryProOroth, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is seeking a full-time Authorization Specialist to join our team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 08/02/2018
- Verify coverage and benefits
- Obtain authorization as needed
- Offer financial counseling for all surgeries and procedures provided by our Clinical Team
- Provide assistance to other Authorization Specialists as needed
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Patient and pleasant personality; works well with a variety of people
- Flexible attitude; adaptable to new challenges and/or projects
- Team player
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
- Excellent public relations
- Interfaces well with staff and physicians
- Professional demeanor
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Surgery Authorization Specialist is expected to perform position-related duties that include, but are not limited to:
- Updating of patient insurance information, including memo entry for billing documentation
- Contact payers for benefits and eligibility information and to obtain authorization
- Customer service - answer inquiries from patients and/or healthcare providers
- Collect co-pays/pre-pays for approved services
- Assist other personnel as directed by Department Supervisor
- Minimum two years patient account experience
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Medical Billing office experience
- High School education
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD10 coding
- Skill in basic data entry; 10-key proficiency
- Skill in using a computer
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Knowledge of basic math skills
- Understanding and respecting the need for confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and on the phone
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and sit
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Some bending and stretching required
- Use of telephone is required
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds
Authorization Specialists are required to work Monday through Friday, with accommodations made only in the event of illness or preapproved time off.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to ProOrthoJobs@proliancesurgeons.com. Please use “Authorization Specialist” in the subject line.
We regret we are not in a position to personally respond to all applicants.