Find a Physician
Experienced Medical Receptionist Print
Job SummaryVitreoretinal Associates of Washington, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is seeking an experienced Medical Receptionist to join our team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 08/10/2018
Monday through Friday (8:30 – 5) in Seattle
Competitive wages with excellent benefits
We are a 9 provider, 6 location retina surgery practice. Our physicians are outstanding and the team that supports them is equally exceptional. As a division of Proliance Surgeons we are able to offer our employees a great small clinic atmosphere with the benefits of a large medical network.
We offer outstanding care to our patients by handling a high volume of calls, registering and scheduling patients using NextGen software and proactively verifying patient benefits.
Essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Patient and pleasant personality; works well with a variety of people
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
- Interfaces well with staff and physicians
- Professional demeanor
- Schedule appointments via telephone and in person
- Check in/register patients, verify information on established patients, and update patient information in computer
- Collect co-pays and payments on account in person and over the phone
- Answer patient calls and direct appropriately
- Accomplish other front office tasks such as records filing, faxing, opening mail, etc.
- Assist patients with online portal access
- Complete duties as directed by supervisor.
- High School education
- Minimum one year Medical Reception experience (desired)
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running but can pace themselves enough to understand that the medical field is ever evolving.
- Asking questions instead of making assumptions is the key to being successful and learning all the idiosyncrasies of insurance requirements, scheduling protocol and so on.
- Problem solving skills
- Skill in using a computer
- Ability to type/data entry
- Ability to remove oneself personally from given situations, remaining objective
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Understanding of the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your resume through the form below or email to Gidget Painter firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants need not submit a cover letter unless they wish to explain gaps in employment.