Find a Physician
Non-Operative Sports Medicine PhysicianPrint
Job SummaryProliance Orthopedic Associates, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is seeking a Non-Operative MD or DO to join our robust and growing sports medicine program.
Job DescriptionPosted: 12/18/2018
This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated and energetic physician to join one of the most well respected orthopedic practices in the region and actively participate in the growth and expansion of our non-operative sports medicine service program including participating in our orthopedic urgent care opening in late 2018. Our new physician will be deeply integrated within our highly regarded team of 16 board certified surgeons providing musculoskeletal care for a wide range of patients with a focus on general orthopedics and sports related injuries in both a clinic and urgent care setting. On site services include ultrasound guided injection services, with both fixed digital radiology and MRI capabilities across clinic sites in Renton, Tukwilla, Covington, and Maple Valley.
- Skilled and passionate in ultrasound guided injection therapy
- Possess the energy and interest to grow the scope capabilities of our non-operative orthopedic practice
- Working with local sports teams including high schools as well as
- Providing team physician services to our local Canadian Major Junior hockey team while focusing on the management of new, urgent, elective and follow-up patients
- The current and expected practice mix encompassed all areas of orthopedics and sports medicine including general and specialty based orthopedics, workers comp, and spine
- Orthopedic and fracture care experience is welcomed
- Experience reading X-rays and MRIs is also a plus
- Experience in concussion evaluation and treatment is also highly preferred
- The Physician should be a graduate of an Accredited School of Medicine, currently licensed by the State Board of Medical Examiners and Board certified in a specialty field of medicine.
- Must have and maintain a DEA license with no restrictions and have a current (or be eligible to obtain) a Washington State license.
- Candidates with significant orthopedic and sports medicine experience who also maintain a Certificate of Added Qualifications (CAQ) in Sports Medicine (or is an active candidate for certification) are preferred.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in business applications and clinical management systems (EMR).
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment. Accreditation and certification requirements and the ability to maintain all appropriate licenses.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction. Applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations including the requirements of the HIPAA and OSHA and applicable state rules and regulations pertinent to medical practices.
- Ability to perform duties in accordance with the customary rules of ethics and conduct of the applicable State Board of Medicine and other such regulating bodies.
- Prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods. Interpret the application of OSHA and HIPAA laws. Maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
How To Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to email@example.com or fax to 425-291-1487, attn.: Donna Hamlette.
Candidates under consideration will be scheduled for a Phone, Skype or Face Time interview. Successful first round candidates will be invited to interview in person.
About Proliance Orthopedic Associates
Founded in 1973, Proliance Orthopedic Associates (POA) is one of the largest orthopedic clinics in greater Seattle, Renton, and Covington, WA. POA welcomed over 60,000 patients in 2017, offering orthopedic surgery and general orthopedics for the hand, wrist, shoulder, elbow, foot, ankle, and spine, as well as full-body MRI imaging services, sports medicine, pain management, digital radiography, and bone densitometry.
POA orthopedic surgeons specialize in joint replacement surgery, such as knee and hip replacements, spine surgery, and more at our JCAHO-accredited outpatient ambulatory orthopedic surgery center. POA doctors are involved in the design and development of some of the most commonly used joint replacement components.
At Proliance Orthopedic Associates, we are committed to improving your quality of life with compassionate, exceptional orthopedic services, using the best techniques and latest technologies. We respect each patient as an individual, honor our commitment to patient wellbeing, and provide a patient-friendly environment to promote orthopedic health. POA is a service of Proliance Surgeons
About Proliance Surgeons
Proliance Surgeons, Inc., P.S. is one of the largest surgical practices in the country with approximately 240 physicians and 2500 employees. Specializing in Orthopedics, Ear Nose & Throat, Ophthalmology and General Surgery, our physicians provide care at over 70 facilities in King, Snohomish, Pierce, Skagit and Benton counties of Washington. See www.proliancesurgeons.com for more information about our practice.