Find a Physician
ASC Director Print
Job SummaryProliance Eastside Surgery Center (PESC), a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is seeking an ASC Director to join our team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 10/30/2018
This position is conveniently located in Kirkland, Washington. PESC is a multi-specialty facility specializing in orthopedic, ENT, General and Ophthalmic surgery.
Reporting to the ASC’s Executive Director and PESC Governing Body Medical Director, the role has all of the responsibilities traditionally associated with the senior administrator for an ambulatory surgery center. The ASC Director will provide clinical, surgical, and business oversight. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and manage all aspects of the ASC’s operations as a means of continuously improving the patient experience and ensuring that every patient encounter is a positive one.
- Ensure compliance with all accreditation standards, Medicare conditions for coverage and Washington State Department of Health regulations. Serve as the ASC’s representative with accrediting bodies before, during and after site visits.
- Lead and direct all activities related to the ASC’s administration, facilities, human resources, information technology, insurance, marketing, medical records, patient satisfaction, physician/hospital relations, purchasing and risk management.
- Develop annual budgets and manage the variables that contribute to strong financial performance. Analyze the ASC’s overall financial performance, room and staff utilization and the profitability of individual cases. Champion opportunities for improvement.
- Lead a productive, team-oriented work environment. Be a reliable presence in the ASC and conduct regular staff meetings to provide information and solicit feedback. Coach and mentor staff by example and through use of clearly communicated expectations, progress meetings and performance reviews. Develop and maintain a constructive working relationship with the ASC’s Medical Director and Executive Director.
- Ensure that company core values are modeled and policies and procedures are followed.
- Leverage the resources in the Proliance Central Office to help meet the needs of the ASC.
- Provide nursing relief in the perioperative and surgical areas, as needed.
- Actively seek new lines of business and participate in the recruitment of surgeons.
- Bachelor’s degree in health care administration, nursing or a business discipline – RN required.
- Five or more years of ASC management experience, including responsibility for regulatory compliance.
- Experience as a circulating or perioperative nurse, specifically in orthopedics or ENT.
- Demonstrated skills in finance, human resources, marketing, operations and strategy.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word skills; SIS experience a plus.
Professional and Personal Qualities
- Ability to serve as both a hands-on manager and a high performing individual contributor.
- Excellent judgment, understands what s/he does not know and what questions to ask to reach well informed decisions that minimize risk.
- Self-effacing, humble yet confident person who is self-motivated, flexible, deals well with ambiguity and does not require positional authority to get things done.
- Capable communicator who is able to articulate ideas, thoughts and questions clearly and appropriately.
- Skilled manager with a collaborative style who influences change and builds consensus for ideas and recommendations that move teams forward.
- Passionate and proactive about solving problems, adding value and delivering superior results.
- Compassion for colleagues and subordinates and able to sustain collegiality and team orientation in a high performance culture.
- Process orientation.
- Absolute and unquestioned integrity.
How To Apply
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use “ASC Director” as the subject.
- Candidates under consideration will be scheduled for a telephone, Skype or FaceTime interview. Successful first round candidates will be invited to interview in person.
We regret we are not in a position to personally respond to all applicants.
About Proliance Surgeons
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, urology, obstetrics, gynecology and more. Many of our surgeries are performed at our own outpatient surgery centers where costs are often lower and recovery times faster than at a hospital. Patients return home the day of their surgery to begin healing and rehabilitation and get back to doing what they love, faster. Proliance physicians helped more than 650,000 patients last year alone and performed over 85,000 surgeries. See www.proliancesurgeons.com for more information.