Find a Physician
Senior Financial AnalystPrint
Job SummaryThe Central Business Office of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 01/03/2019
- Responsible for system wide reports designed to pinpoint problems or areas for improvement to maximize each facility’s performance and profit
This position reports to the Director of Analytics and Payor Contracting
- Performs ad-hoc analysis and designs reporting packages on financial and operational metrics. Including but not limited to: AR, denials, FTE’s, overtime, case costing, supply expense, case volumes, acuity metrics, patient satisfaction scores, on time case starts, and minutes per case. Collaborates with care centers and executives in the process
- Develops financial proformas to assess new business ventures
- Works with administrators to design meaningful reports
- Using Excel, SQL, Access, or other data analysis tools, develops analyses to support decision making on special projects and initiatives
- Creates reports in a Business Intelligence platform
- Designs physician and clinic dashboards
- Educates end users on reports and facilitates distribution
- Provides feedback for database design and metric definitions
- Engages in process and quality improvement activities to minimize manual efforts
- Works on teams to identify and address variation in EMR systems, to ensure clean data and accurate reporting
- Assists in developing and implementing financial case costing methodologies
- Assists in financial assessment and financial monitoring of bundling initiatives
- Assists in the implementation of new reporting tools
- Develop positive working relationships with peers and customers throughout the organization
- Performs other duties as required by management
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Business Administration, Finance, Mathematics or related field
- MBA/MHA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the healthcare industry with a focus on data analytics
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with surgeons or administrators
Skills/Professional and Personal Qualities
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare coding conventions and terminology. i.e. (ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, and NDC codes)
- Familiar with revenue cycle, healthcare payment and costing methodologies, and healthcare billing
- Working knowledge of ASC operations
- Familiar with surgical specialties and procedures
- Ability to interpret user needs and requests
- Familiar with scheduling/billing software
- Experience working with healthcare data
- Advanced Excel skills required as well as proficiency with Microsoft Access or SQL programming
- Understands how to use relational database, tables and data mining to pull information needed to create reports
- Experience writing reports with Business Intelligence tools like Tableau, Domo, QlikView, SiSense, or Looker
- Ability to communicate effectively using data with all levels of the organization
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Self-motivated team player able to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to lead projects and initiatives
How To Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use “Senior Financial Analyst” as the subject.
- Applicants under consideration will be scheduled for a Skype or FaceTime interview. Successful first round candidates will be invited to interview in person.
We regret we are not in position to personally respond to all applicants.
About Proliance Surgeons:
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with 200 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 60 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopaedics, sports medicine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, urology and more. Many of our surgeries are performed at our own outpatient surgery centers - where costs are often lower and recovery times faster than at a hospital. Patients return home the day of their surgery to begin healing and rehabilitation and get back to doing what they love, faster. Proliance physicians helped more than 600,000 patients last year alone, and performed over 77,000 surgeries. See www.proliancesurgeons.com for more information about our practice.