Find a Physician
Medical Receptionist Print
Job SummaryProOrtho, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is seeking a Medical Receptionist to join our team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 10/02/2018
Essential Job Functions:
- Act as a liaison for patient appointments
- Gathering and inputting registration information into NextGen software
- Working in a team environment to perform front office support duties, including:
- Booking appointments
- Greeting patients
- Processing necessary information to support that activity
- Triaging with physicians and medical assistants on acute scheduling problems
Essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Patient and pleasant personality; works well with a variety of people
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
- Interfaces well with staff and physicians
- Professional demeanor
- Schedule appointments via telephone and in person
- Check in/register patients, verify information on established patients, and update patient information in computer
- Collect co-pays and daily balancing of cash box.
- Answer patient calls and direct appropriately.
- Facilitate flow of patients by coordinating with medical assistants
- Accomplish other front office tasks such as records filing, faxing, opening mail, etc.
- Assist patients with online portal access
- Complete duties as directed by supervisor.
- Assist other personnel as directed by department lead or Reception Supervisor
- High School education
- 1-2 years relevant experience in public contact
- Minimum one year Medical Reception experience (desired)
- Problem solving skills
- Skill in using a computer
- Ability to type/data entry
- Ability to remove oneself personally from given situations, remaining objective
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Understanding of the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to ProOrthoJobs@proliancesurgeons.com.
- Please use “Medical Receptionist Position” in the subject line
- We regret we are not in a position to personally respond to all applicants