Find a Physician
Medical Receptionist Print
Job SummaryProOrtho, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is seeking a Medical Receptionist to join our team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 04/11/2019
ProOrtho, located in Kirkland, Washington is a 15 physician orthopedic clinic and surgery practice providing ortho care in spine, sports medicine, total joints, shoulders, knee, elbow, foot/ankle, hip and pain. The practice employs apprx 100 people and has clinics throughout the eastside of the Seattle metro area, and offers a full spectrum of orthopedic services including an AAAHC-certified outpatient ambulatory surgery center, a full-body MRI with ACR-accreditation and digital radiography. ProOrtho is a division of Proliance Surgeons, a specialty physician practice of over 200 physicians and over 1,800 employees (www.proliancesurgeons.com).
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join a dynamic and growing healthcare practice. You will be part of a solid team of professionals and we encourage growth pathways for all our employees. The position of Medical Receptionist reports to the Clinic Supervisor and you will have duties focused on front desk check in/check out, scheduling and other customer service based functions. The role of the Medical Receptionist is to act as a liaison for patient appointments, gather and input registration information into NextGen and Epic software, and work in a team environment to perform front office support duties. This includes scheduling appointments, greeting patients, and triaging with physicians and medical assistants on acute scheduling problems. We are proud of our employees and our patients are impacted greatly by our front desk staff and their ability to manage the intake process of new and existing patients.
- Warmly greet all patients upon entering the clinic
- Register and check-in patients, prepare paperwork for the visit
- Verify and update patient information in for both new and established patients
- Collect co-pays and daily balancing of cash box
- Schedule appointments via telephone and in person
- Call on incoming referrals to schedule new patients
- Prepare paperwork for our satellite locations
- Facilitate flow of patients by coordinating with medical assistants
- Assists patients with signing up for MyChart
- Maintain stocks of patient forms and office supplies
- Accomplish other front office tasks such as faxes, mail, etc.
- Other related administrative tasks as assigned
- Ability and desire to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Customer (patient) centered individual
- Ability to act as a representative of practice at all times
- Professional demeanor
- Team builder
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrative and clinical staff, groups of managers, patients and physicians
- High School Diploma
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of patient information
- Professional demeanor with a positive, upbeat attitude
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task
- Capable to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
- 1-2 years’ customer service in a medical office environment
- Experience working with Epic and NextGen software
- Proficient computer skills
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Knowledge of commonly used insurance plans
We offer a general benefit package which includes:
- $350 employee referral bonus offered.
- Generous vacation and holiday pay.
- Monthly company-provided staff lunches.
- Free parking.
- Medical, vision & dental.
- Disability & life insurance coverage.
- Flex spending.
- Extended illness banked hours.
- Retirement plan with matching employer contribution.
- Cell phone plan discounts.
- Discounted movie tickets.
- Discounted concert tickets.
- Other discounts through Perks at Work.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to ProOrthojobs@proliancesurgeons.com.
- Use “Medical Receptionist” on the subject line
We regret we are not in position to personally respond to all applicants.
About Proliance Surgeons, Inc. P.S.:
Proliance Surgeons, Inc., P.S. is one of the largest surgical practices in the country. Specializing in Orthopedics, Ear Nose & Throat, General Surgery and Ophthalmology, our physicians provide care at over 70 facilities in King, Snohomish, Pierce, Skagit and Benton counties of Washington. See www.proliancesurgeons.com for more information about our practice.