Find a Physician
Certified Physician Assistant Print
Job SummarySkagit Northwest Orthopedics, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is a 13 Physician, 4 PA private practice group looking to add a full-time Physician Assistant to our practice.
Job DescriptionPosted: 01/11/2019
We are a division of Proliance Surgeons, a specialty physician practice of 200 physicians and over 100 care centers.
- Able to meet our needs in the clinic, OR and hospital units
- Concerned about patients
- Pleasant and patient personality
- Positive Attitude
- Excited about work
- Reliable, Punctual
- Diligent and detail oriented
- Team Player
- Works effectively with many different staff members and physicians
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Physician Assistant will be assisting orthopedic surgeons in all capacities of patient care. This involves various settings including the Operating Room, ER, clinic and hospital wards. The primary goal is to provide excellent orthopedic care under the supervision of the Skagit Northwest Orthopedics physicians, while working within an approved scope of practice.
Expected duties will include the following, and are subject to modification:
- First Assist: this includes greeting/ identifying patient & completing paperwork
- Assisting in moving & positioning patients/organizing x-rays/writing orders
- Familiarization with specific surgical procedures prior to their performance
- Hospital Rounds: this includes/patient care/charting & paperwork/interaction with staff, consultants, and discharge planners
- Emergency Room: evaluation and treatment of patients
- Clinic: As scheduled
- Call: Every 5th weekend and every 1 weeknight per week
- Returning patient phone calls and refilling medication
- Filling out paperwork for return to work, etc.
- Completion of accredited Physicians Assistant Program
- Washington State Physician Assistant License, Current
- Current CPR Certification
- Orthopedic experience is preferred but not necessary
The work environment and physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job requires vision and hearing correctable to normal range
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to speak and hear
- The employee is required to walk, sit and stand
- Work is performed in an office, hospital, and operating room environment
- Some bending and stretching is required
- Manual dexterity required for use of surgical instruments and computer keyboard
- Occasional lifting and transferring up to 150lbs
- Requires working under stressful conditions and working irregular hours
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org