Find a Physician
Sterile Processing Technician Print
Job SummaryProliance Highlands Surgery Center, a division of Proliance Surgeons, INC., P.S., located in Issaquah, WA, is looking for a full-time Sterile Processing Technician to join their team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 01/24/2019
The sterile processing position is Monday –Friday, 5 days a week with 8 hour shifts. There is no call, week-ends or holidays, but the candidate must be willing to work beyond scheduled hours if necessary
The Sterile Processing Technician performs technical tasks that support the surgery center.
- Correct assembly
- Sterile processing of all instrumentation used in the operating rooms
- Knowledge of universal precautions, and sterilization methodologies
- Reviews surgery schedule on an ongoing basis to determine priority of surgical instrumentation needed
- Inspects, tests, assembles, packages and labels OR surgical instruments in preparation of sterilization to ensure that instruments are ready and available when needed
- Sterilizes instruments by operating steam sterilization
- Runs biological monitoring and incubates
- Reads and records biological monitor results
- Decontaminates instrumentation and equipment following facility written policies and procedures
- Prepares disinfectants and other solutions and operates mechanical washers and ultrasonic cleaners for decontamination
- Recognizes safety hazards and initiates appropriate corrective/preventive measures
- Ability to receive and give direction and to identify and use proper chain of command
- Demonstrates willingness to learn and accept changes
- Adheres to the facility standards of business conduct and HIPAA privacy and security requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in the English Language
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the principles and theory relating to decontamination and sterilization procedures required
- Detailed knowledge of identification and proper handling of surgical instrumentation and assembly of full surgical instrument tray, surgical power equipment, and scopes also required
- Frequent periods of walking and standing
- Exposure to and contact with disinfectants, cleaning agents, and sterilants. Work is performed in a clean, climate-controlled, well-lit environment
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST), or Certified Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD)
- One year of sterile processing experience preferred
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please email your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*We regret that we are not in a position to respond to all applicants.