Find a Physician
REVENUE CYCLE REPRESENTATIVE (KENT)Print
Job SummaryProliance Orthopedic Associates, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is seeking a full-time Patient Accounting Representative to join our team in Renton, WA.
Job DescriptionPosted: 05/03/2019
Serves as a patient accounting representative for day-to-day patient accounting activities/functions, as assigned. Provides timely billing and collection of practice revenues from patients and third-party payors. Accurately input patient and/or patient accounting data into the computer files. Processes patient accounting information and transactions per the policies of the practice, and procedures for billing and collection. The position requires the ability to handle delicate and stressful situations. This position also requires a large degree of flexibility and willingness to perform additional tasks as assigned. This employee must always convey a positive image of the clinic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include, but are not limited to:
- Review charge source documents at the time of entry for proper completion and accuracy
- Return documents in error to appropriate individuals) for proper completion
- Review payment source documents for proper completion and separate EOB's from general correspondence
- Accurately code procedures and diagnosis according to payer specific and policies and procedures
- Transcribe data from source documents into computer files
- Modify patient demographic information
- Enter Charges
- Enter Payments
- Enter contractual write-offs and other adjustments
- Review/analyze EOB's from third-party payers and initiate corrective action
- Review/analyze general correspondence and initiate corrective action
- Balance source documents against the computer and enters corrective entries
- Perform insurance follow-up on outstanding claims per policies and procedures, ensuring that claims are paid
- Analyze credit balances and complete Refund Requisition Form, as necessary and direct to appropriate personnel
- Identifies and corrects billing errors on patient accounts
- Reviews and processes insurance claims to maximize reimbursement
- Maintains and updates list of insurance carrier and employers
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly manner
- Completes daily tasks
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations, as required by the practice
- Performs other related work/duties as required
- Keeps an audit of billing errors performed by front office & clinical staff
- Reviews daily reports from clearinghouse & makes any corrections needed to submit a clean claim
- Must be a team player
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Performs AR analysis’s monthly. These reports consist of, but not limited to:
- Total patient count for all providers and nurses
- Total new patient count for month by provider & clinic
- Total charges, payments and adjustments by provider & clinic
- Insurance AR
- Patient AR
- In office Monday - Friday from 6:30-3:00, 7:00-3:30, 8:00-4:30 or 8:30-5:00
- May be required to work overtime if warrant
- Pleasant, courtesy and respectful of our patients, our physicians, our providers, our director and our staff
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit
- Work is performed in an office environment
- Some bending and stretching required
- Use of telephone is required
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 30 pounds
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours
Adherence to Clinical Policies/Practices:
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the organization and is expected to follow instructions from his/her immediate supervisor, physician or POA administrator. Employees are expected to conform to the policies set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Must continually demonstrate the safety procedures for the clinic and utilize universal precautions where appropriate. Must continually demonstrate appropriate use of body mechanics techniques.
- As outlined in the POA Employee Handbook, the employee must be reliable, polite, prompt, and confidential. The employee must be capable of efficiently but warmly interacting with patients and other physicians. Major responsibilities will be performed according to the direction of their supervisors.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below, email to email@example.com or fax 425-291-1487, ATTN: Human Resources.