Find a Physician
Orthopedic Cast Technician (Tukwila)Print
Job SummaryProliance Orthopedic Associates, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is seeking a full-time Orthopedic Cast Technician to join our team in Tukwila, WA.
Job DescriptionPosted: 04/05/2019
The Cast Technician is responsible for all casting duties, including applying and removing casts, brace fitting and application, and assisting PA’s, medical assistants, physicians and x-ray department as necessary. The Ortho Technician is also responsible for organizing all office medical supplies. This is a centralized position that works with the office as a whole.
- Positive attitude
- Organized and detail-oriented; thorough
- Team player
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
- Excellent public relations and customer service skills
- Interfaces well with staff and physicians
- Professional demeanor
- Take initiative and follow through
- Dependable and Flexible
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cast application and removal
- Brace fitting and application
- Splint application and removal
- Suture and Staple removal
- Set-up and assist with minor surgical procedures
- Assist Doctors and PA’s whenever necessary
- Assist x-ray department when necessary
- Answer and return phone calls in relation to casting
- Order and stock all medical supplies to appropriate levels as dictated by demand
- Interface with all medical supply company representatives
- Sterilize instruments
- Maintain a clean, well-stocked Cast Room
- Must follow all policies as outlined in Employee Handbook
- Wash/Dry, fold, stock closets with patient shorts as needed
- Monitor and exchange sharps containers as needed in all clinical areas
- Cooperate with all other departments as necessary
Education and Experience:
- Two years of medical casting/assisting experience in an orthopedic setting preferred
- Excellent problem solving skills
- General knowledge of insurance guidelines
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Skill in basic data entry
- Excellent phone etiquette and ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
Varied activities include but are not limited to frequent lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling; prolonged standing, sitting, walking, reaching, and bending. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting of patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighting up to 50 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Occasional stress related to multiple responsibilities.
Adherence to Clinic Policies/Practices:
Demonstrates a strong commitment to the organization and is expected to follow instructions from his/her immediate supervisor, physician or POA administrator. Employees are expected to conform to the policies set forth in the Employee Handbook.
Must continually demonstrate the safety procedures for the clinic and utilize universal precautions where appropriate. Must continually demonstrate appropriate use of body mechanics techniques.
As outlined in the POA Employee Handbook, the employee must be reliable, polite, prompt, and confidential. The employee must be capable of efficiently but warmly interacting with patients and other physicians. Major responsibilities will be performed according to the direction of their supervisors.
Additional Job Information:
This is a full time position Monday through Friday with a complete benefits package in our Bone & Joint Urgent Care in Tukwila.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to email@example.com.