Find a Physician
Medical Scribe (Renton)Print
Job SummaryProliance Orthopedic Associates, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is seeking a part-time Medical Scribe to join our Renton, WA location.
Job DescriptionPosted: 04/05/2019
A scribe’s core responsibility is to capture accurate and detailed documentation (handwritten, electronic, or otherwise) of the encounter in a timely manner. Scribes are not permitted to make independent decisions or translations while capturing or entering information into the health record or EHR beyond what is directed by the provider. The general duties of a scribe may vary and can include, assisting the provider in navigating the EHR, responding to various messages as directed by the provider, locating information for review (i.e., previous notes, reports, test results, and laboratory results), entering information into the EHR as directed by the provider, and researching information requested by the provider
- Education: High School, preferred college.
- Machines/Equipment: Knowledge and understanding of computers
Line of Authority:
- Administrator/Office Manager/Physician
- Close interaction with physicians
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- A scribed note must accurately reflect the service provided on a specific date of service.
- A scribe’s entry can be hand-written, dictated, or created/typed in an electronic health record (EHR). By using the quick text “.scribe” this will ensure proper documentation in the EHR. Any hand written documentation of a scribed service must include the following elements:
- The name of the scribe and a legible signature
- The name of the provider rendering the service
- The date and time the service was provided
- The name of the patient for whom the service was provided
- Authentication of the scribe (in EHR this is done by your sign on – handwritten documents you will need to sign.
- The provider is ultimately responsible for the contents of the documentation. The provider note should indicate:
- Affirmation that the provider was present during the time the encounter was recorded
- Verification that the information was reviewed
- Verification of the accuracy of the information
- Any additional information needed
- Authentication including date and time
- Individuals can only create a scribe note in an EHR if they have their own password/access to the EHR for the scribe role. Documents scribed in the EHR must clearly identify the scribe’s identity and authorship of the document in both the document and the audit trail.
- Scribes are required to notify the provider of any alerts. Alerts must be addressed by the provider.
- Providers and scribes are required to document in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, as well as with internal policy.
- Failure to comply with this policy may result in corrective and/or disciplinary action (See Human Resources Disciplinary Action Policy).
- Provide exceptional service to all of our patients
- Exhibit professionalism and ethical behavior at all times
- Maintain strict confidentiality of patient information and business within the organization’s policies
- Maintain OSHA and HIPPA regulations
- Treat everyone with respect, courtesy, and friendliness
- Adhere to all policies and procedures for our organization
- Communicate recommendations on improvements of policies and procedures to management team
- Participate in committees, discussions and other team functions
- Provide additional duties as may be assigned
- Maintain OSHA and HIPPA regulations
- Respects patient rights. I.e. knock on patients doors before entering the patient room
- Verifies if name is correct on their records and orders
- Maintains a clean working environment and properly operating equipment and work areas clean
- Uses accepted infection control techniques and personal protection equipment in order to provide appropriate patient care
- Wears protective equipment when appropriate
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.