Find a Physician
PACU RN (Renton / Per Diem)Print
Job SummaryProliance Orthopedic Associates, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is seeking a per diem PACU RN to join our team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 07/01/2019
The PACU RN provides planned and highly skilled nursing care for the immediate pre-operative and post-operative patients through continuous surveillance, allows for early recognition of medical or surgical complications which may arise in any patient.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be above average in physical and mental health.
- Must possess demonstrated communication skills which indicate the ability to be successful at counseling and teaching.
- Must display comprehensive and current knowledge of general nursing theory and practice including basic disciplines relating to nursing such as bio-, psycho, social and medical sciences and their application to nursing and patient care.
- Adequate understanding of operative procedures, required patient preparations and expected post-operative course.
- Must display knowledge of the underlying principles of treatment and nursing procedures.
- Complete knowledge and understanding of peri-operative nursing care in the freestanding ambulatory surgery unit.
- Adequate understanding of a wide variety of medical/surgical pathophysiology and terminology.
- Awareness of symptoms and possible complications of surgery and anesthesia and initial treatment and subsequent nursing interventions.
- Knowledge should be up-to-date on the actions of all pharmaceuticals and anesthetic agents.
- Have a working knowledge of fluid and electrolyte balance.
- Able to perform accurate and complete patient assessments throughout the peri-operative period. Skilled in patient population age-based competencies, to include fluid and nutritional requirements, skin care and body organ status, hearing and sight alterations and limitations, mobility status, comprehension and cognitive skills, temperature, medication vulnerability, healing restrictions and psycho-social needs.
- The nurse should be competent in technical skills, to include intravenous therapy, catheterization, artificial ventilation and CPR.
- Able to recognize and report hazardous equipment.
- Knowledge of the mission, policies, procedures, philosophies, standards, goals and objectives of the center and especially those pertaining to the preoperative and recovery areas as well as the organization’s plan for improvement.
- Dresses within the dress code requirement of the facility.
Education and Licensure:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and currently licensed to practice in the State
- Prefer previous general medical-surgical nursing experience
- Require previous post anesthesia recovery experience
- Must be CPR and ACLS certified
- Good physical health required because of long periods of standing, walking and work required. Constant walking
- Frequent standing, exerts 10-25 lbs of force
- Occasionally exerts up to 75 lbs of force, stooping, crouching, kneeling, overhead and below level reaching, lifting, carrying 10-15 lbs
- Rarely lifts a maximum of 50 lbs
- Must be well coordinated and able to move about freely
- Dexterity necessary
- Visual and audio acuity as need for job performance
- Speak clearly and distinctly
- Neat, clean and particular about appearance
- Stamina to withstand stress and strain
- Good memory, patient and tactful
- Emotional stability
- Able to both listen and direct
- Skill in organization
Additional Job Information:
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. There may be other duties related to this position which are not outlined herein but which may be a part of the general daily duties expected of this position. Some duties not outlined herein will be assigned as necessary.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates under consideration will be scheduled for a Phone, Skype or Face Time interview. Successful first round candidates will be invited to interview in person.
We regret we are not in position to personally respond to all applicants.