Find a Physician
Sterile Processing Technician (Renton)Print
Job SummaryProliance Orthopedic Associates, a division of Proliance Surgeons, is seeking a full-time Sterile Processing Technician to join our team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 07/01/2019
This position is responsible for decontamination, correct assembly, and sterile processing of all instrumentation used in the operating rooms, must have knowledge of universal precautions, sterilization methodologies and biological monitoring
- Current certification as a Central/Sterile Processing Technician
- Current certification for CPR or BCLS
- Complies with Infection Control, Standard Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional
- Educated on and compliant with HIPAA regulations; maintains strict confidentiality for client information
- Able to wear personal protective equipment (e.g., face mask, goggles, latex/non-latex gloves) as needed
- Ability to work effectively within role independently and with other team members
- Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English
- Ability to understand medical/surgical terminology
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews surgery schedule on an ongoing basis to determine priority of surgical instrumentation needed
- Inspects, tests, assembles, packages and labels OR surgical instruments in preparation of sterilization to ensure that instruments are ready and available when needed
- Sterilizes instruments by operating steam sterilization
- Runs biological monitoring and incubates, reads and records biological monitor results
- Decontaminates instrumentation and equipment following facility written policies and procedures
- Prepares disinfectants and other solutions and operates mechanical washers and ultrasonic cleaners for decontamination
- Recognizes safety hazards and initiates appropriate corrective/preventive measures
- Ability to receive and give direction and to identify and use proper chain of command. Demonstrate willingness to learn and accept changes
- Adheres to the facility standards of business conduct and HIPAA privacy and security requirements
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit. Work is performed in an office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Use of telephone is required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours
Additional Job Information:
This is a full time position Monday through Friday with a complete benefits package.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to email@example.com.