Find a Physician
Surgical Technologist (Renton / Full-Time)Print
Job SummaryProliance Orthopedic Associates, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is seeking a full-time Surgical Technologist to join our Ambulatory Surgery Center in Renton, WA.
Job DescriptionPosted: 04/05/2019
The Operating Room Technician or "scrub" technician is that health team member specifically involved with the instrumentation and technical aspects of the operative event.
Skills & Requirements:
Preparing the Operating Room:
- Identify, select and coordinate equipment and supplies required for each procedure with circulating nurse
- Assist in preparation of room with germicide, room turnover, cleaning and restocking
- “Opens” packs and instrument trays
- Assist in gowning and gloving surgeons, draping of the surgical field and positioning of surgical equipment, patient and OR table
- Removes items from autoclave without violating aseptic technique
Surgical Assist Duties:
- Anticipate the need for instruments, ligatures, sponges and irrigation, as well as other needs during the procedure
- Observes for breaks in sterile technique and moves easily within the limits of the sterile field
- Prepares implants for insertion
- Participates in surgical sponge, needle, sharps and instrument counts as applicable
- Cleans all hand equipment, tubing and instruments free of contaminants prior to leaving the OR suite
- Returns unused supplies to appropriate areas
- Operates sterilization equipment safely and accurately
Other Related Duties:
- May also act as Sterile Processing Technician
- Attend staff meetings and inservices
- Implements organization policies regarding fire, life safety, emergencies, safety and security
- LPN preferred; registration with the State Department of Health required
- If RN, previous ‘scrub’ experience along with registration and current license. If not RN, graduated from recognized surgical technology program with at least two years’ previous experience in surgery or prior “on the job” scrub experience of at least two years duration
- Must be COR certified
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Constant walking. Frequent standing, exerts 10-25 lbs of force. Occasionally exerts up to 75 lbs of force, stooping, crouching, kneeling, overhead and below level reaching, lifting, and carrying 10-15 lbs. Rarely lifts a maximum of 50 lbs.
Must be well coordinated and able to move about freely. Dexterity necessary. Visual and audio acuity as needed for job performance. Speak clearly and distinctly. Neat, clean and particular about appearance.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. There may be other duties related to this position which are not outlined herein but which may be a part of the general daily duties expected of this position. Some duties not outlined herein will be assigned as necessary.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.