Find a Physician
Job SummaryPuyallup Ambulatory Surgery Center, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is looking for an experienced Surgical Technologist.
Job DescriptionPosted: 03/21/2019
Limited full-time (30-35 hours per week ) or regular part-time (20-29 hours per week)
There are no nights or weekend shifts and closed on observed holidays. Salary is dependent on experience.
Proliance dba Puyallup Ambulatory Surgery Center offers a generous benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401K Retirement plan, and profit sharing.
- Assists the surgeon by providing and controlling the sterile instruments, supplies, and equipment required during surgical intervention
- Assures that instruments and supplies are cleaned, sterilized, and available when needed
- Must have completed high school or equivalent
- Graduation from a Scrub Technician training program and certification by the state or at least on-the-job experience performing Scrub Technician duties
- Current certification in basic CPR for Healthcare Professionals
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Ability to work well with physicians, employees, patients, and others
- Superior dexterity skills needed to pass instruments
- Requires extensive mobility (walking and standing) while performing duties
- Periodic pushing, pulling, and lifting of patients and/or equipment
- May have exposure to patients with communicable diseases
- May have exposure to hazardous equipment or agents
- Helps the Registered Nurse open sterile supplies and prepares for each operative procedure
- Assists surgeons during procedure according to prescribed standards
- Assists and anticipates the needs of the surgeon
- Sets up table, instruments and supplies according to the type of operation
- Maintains correct count of sponges and needles as directed
- Maintains aseptic technique at all times as dictated by accepted standards
- Assists in maintenance and care of specimens as directed
- Assists in application of dressings, casts, and in moving patients as directed
- Decontaminates all equipment, instruments, and supplies as directed in procedure
- Compiles and makes available all necessary supplies needed for procedures
- Prepares surgical trays, instruments, equipment, and supplies as directed in procedures
- Helps clean and maintain rooms, equipment, and furniture according to prescribed procedures
- Assists in inventory storage and retrieval of supplies and equipment
- Assists with emergency procedures as directed
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and facility communications and documentation
- Communicates a positive and caring attitude toward patient, peers, staff and all other contacts
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, and is able to identify and categorize each patient’s age-specific grouping of needs
- Seeks guidance, direction and assistance when needed
- Follows facility Policies and Procedures at all times
The above statements reflect the general outline considered necessary to describe the principle functions of this job. It shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements through the form below or email to email@example.com.