Find a Physician
Staff Nurse for Ambulatory Surgery CenterPrint
Job SummaryPuyallup Ambulatory Surgery Center, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is looking for an experienced Staff Nurse.
Job DescriptionPosted: 03/21/2019
Limited Full-Time (30-35 hours per week)
There are no nights or weekend shifts and closed on observed holidays. Salary is dependent on experience.
Proliance dba Puyallup Ambulatory Surgery Center offers a generous benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401K Retirement plan, and profit sharing.
- Provide nursing care by assessment, planning, treatment, and evaluation of the patient
- Provides safe, knowledgeable, compassionate, educational, individualized, goal-directed nursing care to patients and their families in the facility
- A Graduate of a Professional School of Nursing
- Current State license as a Registered Nurse
- Current certification in basic CPR for Healthcare Professionals
- Evidence of continuing education
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Meets the needs of the nursing service as demanded by the schedule particularly when overtime hours and time changes become necessary
- Ability to work well with physicians, employees, patients, and others
- Current ACLS certification
- Requires extensive mobility (walking and standing) while supervising
- Periodic pushing, pulling, and lifting of patients and/or equipment
- May have exposure to patients with communicable diseases
- Monitors and assesses the physical status of the patient through personal observation and interaction
- Assesses and responds to the individual, psycho social and spiritual needs of the patient and significant others. Acts as patient advocate in the coordination of patient care
- Demonstrates understanding and interpretation of diagnostic measures such as lab tests, radiology exams, and EKGs
- Identifies goals for the individual patient and communicates these goals to others involved in the patient's care
- Utilizing professional nursing judgment, takes action to implement the nursing care plan and resolve the problems identified for the individual patient
- Utilizes supplies, equipment, and resources to contain cost without compromising delivery of care
- Reduces chances of nosocomial infection by directing attention to infection control and environmental safety practices
- Reports and documents information accurately and in a timely manner
- Communicates a positive and caring attitude toward patient, peers, staff and all other contacts
- Seeks guidance, directions and assistance where needed. Follows Center Policy and Procedures at all time
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and Center's communications/documents
- Gains knowledge of all equipment and supplies and is familiar with their location, especially emergency drugs, supplies, and equipment
- The staff member demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, and is able to identify and categorize each patient’s age-specific grouping of needs
The above statements reflect the general outline considered necessary to describe the principle functions of this job. It shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job.
- PACU Nurse: 2 years
- Prefer skillset to include C/S experience
- Prefer skillset to include IV start experience
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements through the form below or email to email@example.com.