Find a Physician
Job SummaryProliance Orthopedic Associates, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is seeking an Executive Director to join our team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 04/05/2019
Proliance Orthopedic Associates, a division of Proliance Surgeons, specializes in all aspects of orthopedic care including total joint replacement, fracture care, sports medicine and arthroscopy, surgery of the spine, shoulder and elbow surgery, hand and wrist surgery, hip and knee surgery, and foot and ankle surgery. The practice’s 30 providers work closely with 175 staff in conveniently located offices in Renton, Covington, Maple Valley, and Tukwila, Washington, to provide patients with comprehensive orthopedic care, including an ambulatory surgery center, an urgent care facility, and two MRI suites. In addition, the group is currently developing a new state of the art ambulatory surgery center set to open within a year. www.prolianceorthopedicassociates.com
Reporting to the care center’s Managing Partner and Proliance Surgeons’ COO, the Executive Director role encompasses all of the responsibilities traditionally associated with the senior administrator of a medical group. This individual would be expected to do the following:
- Monitor and manage all aspects of the practice’s operations as a means of continuously improving the patient experience and ensuring that every patient encounter is a positive one.
- Lead and direct all activities related to administration, facilities, marketing, medical records, patient satisfaction, personnel management and regulatory compliance.
- Develop annual budgets and manage the variables that contribute to strong financial performance. Analyze the practice’s financial performance and champion opportunities for improvement.
- Develop smart, cost-effective approaches for marketing the practice and enhancing its relationships with hospitals, practices and providers.
- Lead a productive, team-oriented work environment. Be a reliable presence in the office and conduct regular staff meetings to provide information and solicit feedback. Coach and mentor staff by example and through use of clearly communicated expectations, progress meetings and performance reviews.
- Manage physician and staff recruitment, onboarding and compensation administration.
- Ensure that company core values are modeled and policies and procedures are followed.
- Leverage the resources in the Proliance Central Office to help meet the needs of the practice.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in health care administration or a business discipline; Master’s degree preferred
- Five or more years in health care administration positions of increasing responsibility, ideally in an independent medical group environment and involving the management of clinics, ambulatory surgery centers and ancillaries
- Demonstrated skills in finance, human resources, marketing, operations and strategy
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word skills; NextGen EPM experience a plus
Professional and Personal Qualities
- Ability to serve as both a hands-on manager and a high performing individual contributor
- Excellent judgment, understands what questions to ask to reach well-informed decisions that minimize risk
- Self-effacing, humble yet confident person who is self-motivated, flexible, deals well with ambiguity, and does not require positional authority to get things done
- Capable communicator who is able to articulate ideas, thoughts and questions clearly and appropriately
- Skilled manager with a collaborative style who influences change and builds consensus for ideas and recommendations that move teams forward
- Passionate and proactive about solving problems, adding value and delivering superior results
- Compassion for colleagues and subordinates and able to sustain collegiality and team orientation in a high performance culture
- Absolute and unquestioned integrity
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to F.Huang@proliancesurgeons.com.
- Use “Executive Director” as the subject.
We regret we are not in a position to personally respond to all applicants.
About Proliance Surgeons:
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with roughly 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 60 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, urology, plastic surgery, Ob-Gyn, and more. Many of our surgeries are performed at our own outpatient surgery centers where costs are often lower and recovery times faster than at a hospital. Patients return home the day of their surgery to begin healing and rehabilitation and get back to doing what they love, faster. Proliance physicians helped more than 650,000 patients last year alone and performed over 85,000 surgeries. See www.proliancesurgeons.com for more information.