Find a Physician
ASC Operations Director Print
Job SummaryProliance Orthopedic Associates Ambulatory Surgery Center, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is seeking a ASC Operations Director to join our team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 04/05/2019
This position involves working at our facility located in Renton, Washington, on the campus of Valley Medical Center. In its current form, Proliance Orthopedic Associates (POA) Ambulatory Surgery Center is a 2 operating room, 1 procedure room orthopedic, pain, and spine subspecialty facility, performing approximately 5500 surgeries per year. POA is also building a new state of the art replacement facility for our current ASC, slated to open in early 2020. The new ASC facility is being developed and built as a joint venture project with Valley Medical Center. Proliance will be the majority owner and managing partner of the new joint venture ASC, which will feature 6 Operating Rooms and 1 Procedure Room, and will encompass over 20,000 SF of space in a brand new medical office building. The plan is to integrate our existing orthopedic services at our current ASC with total joint, spine, and other orthopedic cases that can be migrated to the new ASC. The new ASC will offer overnight capabilities and will be directly adjacent to a 12 bed medical lodging facility, and will serve as a regional destination for outpatient total joint and spine surgeries.
Reporting to the ASC’s Board and Proliance Surgeons’ COO, the role has all of the responsibilities traditionally associated with the senior administrator for an ambulatory surgery center. The ASC Director will provide business, administration, and clinical oversight, in close collaboration with the current POA ASC management team, and assist in the transition of services to the new ASC, under the guidance of the ASC JV Board and Managing Partner of POA. Duties will include the following:
- Monitor and manage all aspects of the ASC’s operations. The key objective is continuous improvement of the patient experience and ensuring that every patient encounter is a positive one.
- Ensure compliance with all accreditation standards, Medicare conditions for coverage, and Washington State Department of Health regulations. Serve as the ASC’s representative with accrediting bodies before, during and after site visits.
- Lead and direct all activities related to the ASC’s administration, facilities, human resources, information technology, insurance, marketing, medical records, patient satisfaction, physician/hospital relations, purchasing and risk management.
- Develop annual budgets and manage the variables that contribute to strong financial performance. Analyze the ASC’s overall financial performance, room and staff utilization and the profitability of individual cases. Champion opportunities for improvement.
- Lead a productive, team-oriented work environment. Be a reliable presence in the ASC and conduct regular staff meetings to provide information and solicit feedback. Coach and mentor staff by example and through use of clearly communicated expectations, progress meetings and performance reviews. Develop and maintain a constructive working relationship with the ASC’s Quality and Compliance Director.
- Ensure that company core values are modeled and policies and procedures are followed.
- Leverage the resources in the Proliance Central Office to help meet the needs of the ASC.
- Potentially provide nursing relief in the perioperative and surgical areas, as needed.
- Actively seek new lines of business and participate in the recruitment of surgeons.
- Bachelor’s degree in health care administration, nursing or a business discipline – RN degree ideal but not required. Master’s Degree strongly preferred
- Five or more years of ASC management experience, including responsibility for governance, clinical staffing models, and regulatory compliance.
- Experience in management, ideally within a joint venture or some type of collaborative partnership.
- Experience as a circulating or perioperative nurse ideally, specifically in orthopedics.
- Demonstrated skills in facility governance, finance, human resources, marketing, operations and strategy.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word skills; SIS experience a plus.
Professional and Personal Qualities
- Ability to serve as both a hands-on clinical manager and a high performing individual contributor.
- Excellent judgment, understands what s/he does not know and what questions to ask to reach well-informed decisions that minimize risk.
- Self-effacing, humble yet confident person who is self-motivated, flexible, deals well with ambiguity, and does not require positional authority to get things done.
- Capable communicator who is able to articulate ideas, thoughts, and questions clearly and appropriately.
- Skilled leader with a collaborative style who influences change and builds consensus for ideas and recommendations that move teams forward.
- Passionate and proactive about solving problems, adding value and delivering superior results.
- Compassion for colleagues and subordinates; able to sustain collegiality and team orientation in a high performance culture.
- Absolute and unquestioned integrity.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to F.Huang@proliancesurgeons.com.
- Use “ASC Director” as the subject.
- Candidates under consideration will be scheduled for a telephone, Skype or FaceTime interview. Successful first round candidates will be invited to interview in person.
We regret we are not in a position to personally respond to all applicants.
About Proliance Surgeons:
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with roughly 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 60 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, urology, plastic surgery, Ob-Gyn, and more. Many of our surgeries are performed at our own outpatient surgery centers where costs are often lower and recovery times faster than at a hospital. Patients return home the day of their surgery to begin healing and rehabilitation and get back to doing what they love, faster. Proliance physicians helped more than 650,000 patients last year alone and performed over 85,000 surgeries. See www.proliancesurgeons.com for more information.