Find a Physician
Operating Room Surgical Technologist Print
Job SummaryProliance Eastside Surgery Center, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is seeking a full-time Operating Room Surgical Technologist to join our team in Kirkland, WA.
Job DescriptionPosted: 04/25/2019
The Operating Room Scrub Technician participates in the care of the surgical patient in the operating room, collaborating with the physician and the circulating nurse during the perioperative course to ensure a positive surgical outcome.
- Graduation from an accredited school of technology
- Current licensure in the State of Washington as Scrub Technician
- CPR certification
- Two years of operating room experience is desired
- Preferred accomplishments include experience in orthopedics and outpatient surgery
- The applicant must be able to communicate effectively and work compatibly with all physicians and staff
- The preferred applicant will be organized and efficient, and possess a clear understanding of the importance of cost containment in an ambulatory surgery center
- The applicant needs to have the knowledge and clinical skills to perform the job duties of an operating room scrub technician
- Knowledge of aseptic technique and surgical instrumentation is necessary
- Must have an aptitude for understanding, use of, and troubleshooting of machines and equipment
- Must have an understanding of the proper use of high-speed autoclaves and sterilization techniques
- The applicant should have an ability to be flexible in job duties and work schedule
- Physical guidelines include ability to stand/walk for up to eight hours per day; bend, stoop, twist; assist patients in turning, rising from recliners and stretchers, assist patients in and out of wheelchairs, push wheelchairs, and assist with the moving of patients on and off the operating room table. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work with all members of the health care team to provide optimal care to the patient throughout the surgical course
- Maintain a friendly, positive, and caring attitude with all patients, physicians, and staff.
- Maintain excellent physical and mental health
- Assures that the proper supplies, instruments and equipment are available for the procedure.
- Assures the equipment is functioning properly
- Monitor use of and charge for all supplies used during the procedure. Assist with inventory control by proper count of supplies used
- Sign all appropriate documentation
- Continue education to meet state requirements and keep current with health care
- Display professionalism at work and in the community as a representative of the Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Take an active role on committees within the department
- Identifies actual and potential risk to patients and others and takes action to minimize or eliminate risk and maximize safety
- Prepare for the next day’s cases by gathering supplies, instruments and equipment
- Wipe flat surfaces in OR the morning of surgery
- Set up room with supplies required for the procedure
- Assist with positioning of the patient for procedure, using proper positioning techniques
- Monitors for breaks in aseptic technique
- Performs sponge and needle counts as appropriate
- Is prepared for emergency situations by knowing correct procedures and locations of emergency call system
- Assists entire team throughout procedure to ensure a desired outcome
- Monitors that Universal Precautions are maintained
- Assists in cleaning of room and instruments
- Keeps workroom neat and clean
- Assists with ordering of supplies as needed
- Updates physician preference cards
- Inspects instruments for proper working order and notifies the Nurse Manager of any that need to be replaced or sent for repair
- Checks for outdated supplies
- Will assist in restocking of OR, wrapping and sterilization of instruments
- Will assist with planning for yearly budget
- Other duties as assigned
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit. Some bending and stretching required. Manual dexterity required. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to ProOrthoJobs@proliancesurgeons.com.
- Use “Surgical Technologist” as the subject
- We regret we are not in position to personally respond to all applicants
About Proliance Surgeons, Inc. P.S.:
Proliance Surgeons, Inc., P.S. is one of the largest surgical practices in the country. Specializing in Orthopedics, Ear Nose & Throat, General Surgery and Ophthalmology, our physicians provide care at over 70 facilities in King, Snohomish, Pierce, Skagit and Benton counties of Washington. See www.proliancesurgeons.com for more information about our practice.