Find a Physician
Medical Assistant (Float Pool / Full-Time)Print
Job SummaryProliance Orthopedic Associates, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is seeking float pool / full-time Medical Assistant to join our team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 05/03/2019
To provide direct clinical and administrative support to the physicians. General purpose is to triage patient phone calls, questions, and correspondence. This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
This is a full time position Monday through Friday with a complete benefits package.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program
- Current WA State MA Certification MA-C Required
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Understanding of the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Skill in using a computer
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
- Patient and pleasant personality; works well with all types of people
- Outpatient clinic organizational ability
- Flexible attitude
- Team player
- Interfaces well with staff and physicians
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist physicians with patients seen in office
- Minor office procedures (removing sutures, dressing changes, etc.)
- Take history and complaints for new patients, as delegated
- Answer medical questions in office and on the phone, screening “must have” appointments
- Patients surgery and test scheduling
- Pre and post operative patient education
- Post operative follow-up with patients
- Prescription callbacks
- Organize physician mail, etc., as needed
- Process test results
- Assist as directed by Administrator/Supervisor/Physician
- Complete practice development activities as directed by Administrator/Supervisor/Physician
- Assist the Medical Assistants as required
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit. Work is performed in an office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Use of telephone is required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to email@example.com.