Find a Physician
Job SummaryProliance Orthopedic Associates, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is seeking a full-time Athletic Trainer to join our Renton office.
Job DescriptionPosted: 05/08/2019
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday with a complete benefits package.
The primary role of the Athletic Trainer is to provide direct clinical and administrative support to the physicians. General purpose is to triage patient phone calls, questions and correspondence.
- Degree/certification as an ATC or MA (we facilitate MA-R)
- Current CPR/BLS Required
- 2+ years of outpatient clinic setting experience (orthopedic desired)
- Problem solving skills
- Skill in using a computer
- Knowledge of orthopedics and trauma (desired)
- Ability to remove oneself personally form given situations, remaining objective
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physicians and staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Understanding of the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
- Outpatient clinic organizational ability
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist physicians with patients seen in the office
- Minor office procedures (removing sutures, dressing changes, etc.)
- Take history for new patients
- Answer medical questions in office and on the phone, screening appointments
- Preview physician’s schedule and troubleshoot as needed
- Patients surgery and test scheduling
- Pre and Post-operative patient education
- Post-operative follow-up with patients
- Prescription callbacks
- Organize physician mail, etc. as needed
- Process test results
- Serve as liaison between physician and patient
- Assist with activities as directed by Administrator/Supervisor/Physician
- Assist other Medical Assistants as required
- Back up to cast technicians
- Must follow all policies as outlined in Employee Handbook
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit. Work is performed in an office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Use of telephone is required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.