Find a Physician
Medical Records Scanner and Phone ReceptionistPrint
Job SummaryThe Rainier Orthopedic Institute, a division of Proliance Surgeons, is seeking to fill a full-time (40 hours per week) Medical Records Scanner and Phone Operator position.
Job DescriptionPosted: 06/12/2019
The Rainier Orthopedic Institute is a busy orthopedic and musculoskeletal physician practice including 7 surgeons and 1 physiatrist practicing in 2 locations. Our Mission is to provide unsurpassed medical care through servanthood commitment and skilled orthopedic excellence. Our staff strives to deliver compassionate and ethical treatment to our patients.
Hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Primarily responsible for scanning and indexing patient documents into our EMR
- Answers our general phone line for the clinic
- Accomplish front office tasks such as records scanning, faxing, obtaining authorizations and verifying insurances
- Manage incoming calls and direct them accordingly
- Process necessary information including chart preparation and triaging with physicians and medical assistants
- Process incoming referrals from Clarity
- Schedule appointments and collect demographic data, collect and verify insurance information and determine clinical information needed
- Obtain patient medical records, lab reports, x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Clinic Manager
Include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to multitask and utilize critical thinking and communication
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Understanding the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations and to remain objective
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
- Excellent customer service and phone skills
- Patient and pleasant personality
- Works well with a variety of people including patients, providers and other staff members
- Very detail orientated
- Ability to self-direct and work independently ensuring all work is completed in a timely manner
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit
- Work is performed in an office environment
- Some bending and stretching required
- Use of telephone is required
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard and phone
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 pounds
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours
Adherence to Clinic Policies/Practices:
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the organization and is expected to follow instructions from his/her immediate supervisor, physician or administrator.
- Employees are expected to conform to the policies set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Must continually demonstrate the safety procedures for the clinic and utilize universal precautions where appropriate.
- Must continually demonstrate appropriate use of body mechanics techniques.
- As outlined in the Employee Handbook, the employee must be reliable, polite, prompt, and confidential.
- The employee must be capable of efficiently but warmly interacting with patients and other physicians.
- Major responsibilities will be performed according to the direction of their supervisors.
- Medical office experience required
- Medical terminology knowledge required
- NextGen and Centricity experience desired
- High School education or GED required
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your resume through the form below or email to Todd Bate at email@example.com