Find a Physician
Surgery Scheduler/Medical Assistant (Puyallup, WA)Print
Job SummaryPuyallup Surgical Consultants, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., a successful regional medical group in Puyallup is seeking a Surgery Scheduler/Medical Assistant for our general surgery clinic.
Job DescriptionPosted: 06/14/2019
This is a new position as our practice volume is growing. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team member with previous medical office experience who would concentrate on surgery scheduling while also undertaking the duties of a medical assistant as needed. The ability to multi-task is a must! The position requires a basic knowledge of medical terminology & scheduling (EPIC & Nextgen a plus!) As well as vitals/rooming/assisting with minor procedures, data entry, multi-line phones, excellent customer service skills, written & verbal communication.
Hours: Full-time; Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Schedule patients for surgery procedures & diagnostic tests per provider’s orders
- Respond to both written & oral correspondence regarding scheduling changes and cancellations in a timely, accurate manner
- Provide accurate, detailed information to patient’s regarding test preparations, patient’s scheduled arrival & any other directional information needed. Respond appropriately to patient questions
- Fill in for medical assistant as needed by rooming, taking vitals & assisting in minor in-office procedures as well as answer incoming phone calls & scheduling imaging & referrals to outside providers
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal Candidate Must Have:
- Basic understanding of medical coding & billing
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Type minimum 60 wpm accurately
- Multi task in busy environment
- Possess tact & diplomacy
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Document accurately & concisely
- Perform under stress
- Requires a high school diploma
- Must have certification or registration as a Medical Assistant through WA state or interim certificate (and complete within 90 days of hire);
- Current health care provider CPR/BLS certificate
Puyallup Surgical Consultants is a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., P.S. one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with physicians specializing in orthopedics, ear, nose & throat, ophthalmology, urology and general surgery. Proliance is committed to providing the highest quality of care available. Our physicians provide care at conveniently located offices throughout King, Snohomish, Pierce, Skagit and Benton counties of Washington.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to email@example.com.