Find a Physician
Surgery Scheduler/Medical Assistant Print
Job SummaryPuyallup Surgical Consultants, a division of Proliance Surgeons is seeking a Surgery Scheduler/ Medical Assistant for our busy Urology Clinic.
Job DescriptionPosted: 06/20/2019
Puyallup Surgical Consultants, a division of Proliance Surgeons, a successful regional medical group in Puyallup is seeking a Surgery Scheduler/ Medical Assistant for our busy Urology Clinic. This is a new position as our practice volume is growing. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team member with previous medical office experience who would concentrate on surgery scheduling while also undertaking the duties of a medical assistant as needed. The ability to multi-task is a must! The position requires a basic knowledge of medical terminology & scheduling (EPIC & Nextgen a plus!) as well as vitals/rooming/assisting with minor procedures, data entry, multi-line phones, excellent customer service skills, written & verbal communication.
Hours: Full time; Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Schedule patients for surgery procedures & diagnostic tests per provider’s orders.
- Respond to both written & oral correspondence regarding scheduling changes and cancellations in a timely, accurate manner.
- Provide accurate, detailed information to patient’s regarding test preparations, patient’s scheduled arrival & any other directional information needed. Respond appropriately to patient questions.
- Fill in for Medical Assistant as needed by rooming, taking vitals & assisting in minor in-office procedures as well as answer incoming phone calls & scheduling imaging & referrals to outside providers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidate Must Have:
- Basic Understanding of Medical Coding & Billing
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Accurately type minimum 60 WPM
- Multi-task in a busy environment
- Possess tact & diplomacy
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Document accurately and concisely
- Perform under stress
- High school diploma or better
- Must have certification or registration as a Medical Assistant through the State of Washington or interim certificate (and completely within 90 days of hire); current Health Care Provider CPR/BLS Certificate
- Prefer one year of prior surgery scheduling and medical assisting experience in a health care facility
Puyallup Surgical Consultants is a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., P.S. one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with physicians specializing in Orthopedics, Ear, Nose & Throat, Ophthalmology, Urology and General Surgery. Proliance is committed to providing the highest quality of care available. Our physicians provide care at conveniently located offices throughout King, Snohomish, Pierce, Skagit and Benton counties of Washington.