Find a Physician
Operating Room NursePrint
Job SummaryEverett Bone and Joint, a division of Proliance Surgeons, is currently seeking a full-time Operating Room Nurse to provide care for patients in the Operating Room.
Job DescriptionPosted: 06/24/2019
Everett Bone and Joint, a division of Proliance Surgeons, is currently seeking a full-time Operating Room Nurse to provide care for patients in the Operating Room. The RN will assess, evaluate and implement care for the patient throughout the perioperative course. The RN will supervise Operating Room Technicians and ancillary staff.
- Current license to practice nursing in Washington State. BSN and CNOR preferred.
- Current BLS and ACLS certification.
- At least two years’ experience in the Operating Room; Orthopedics and Outpatient Surgery preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and clinical skills to perform as an Operating Room Nurse.
- Aptitude for understanding and troubleshooting machines and equipment.
The primary responsibility of the RN will be to perform the duties of a circulator in the Operating Room. The RN may also act in the role of a scrub nurse, as staffing requires.
- Work with all members of the perioperative team to provide optimal care to the patient throughout their surgical experience.
- Maintain a friendly, positive and caring attitude with all patients, physicians and staff.
- Maintain excellent physical and mental health.
- Assist in patient education during all phases of the perioperative experience.
- Make sure the proper supplies, instruments and equipment are available for the procedure.
- Assist in assuring that equipment is functioning properly.
- Stay current with state requirements and education regarding health care issues.
- Display professionalism at work and in the community as a representative of the Center.
- Identify actual and potential risk to patients and others and will take action to minimize or eliminate risk and maximize safety.
Prepare for the days’ cases by gathering supplies, instruments and equipment.
Assist anesthesia to make sure they have proper supplies and drugs available.
Assist with transport of the patient to the operating room
Correctly position patient for procedure, using proper positioning techniques and equipment.
Assist anesthesia personnel with induction as necessary.
Participate in Surgical Time Out.
Perform surgical prep and surgical counts per protocol.
Prepare for emergency situations by being familiar with the crash cart and difficult airway cart.
Participate in Surgical Debrief at end of case after the final count.
Offer assistance to other rooms and areas within the department cross-training as needed.
Make corrections and updates surgeons’ preference cards.
Assist in cleaning of room and instruments. Will process/sterilize instruments when needed.
Participate in restocking of OR at end of the day
Able to operate the C-arm intra-operatively when warranted and able to move heavy patients and equipment.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.