Find a Physician
Job SummaryThe RN in the ASC provides expert professional nursing care for the patient in all peri-operative phases. The RN assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the care of the patient.
Job DescriptionPosted: 06/25/2019
The RN in the ASC provides expert professional nursing care for the patient in all peri-operative phases. The RN assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the care of the patient.
Minimum requirements include graduation from an accredited school of nursing; current State licensure and CPR, ACLS and PALS accreditation. Two years of OR, Recovery Room, Intensive Care or Emergency Room experience is desired for position.
- Work with all members of the health care team to provide optimal care to the patient throughout their surgical experience.
- Maintain a friendly, positive and caring attitude with all patients, physicians and staff.
- Assist in patient education during all phases of their experience at the Center.
- Assist in assuring that the proper supplies, instruments and equipment are available for the procedure.
- Assist in assuring that equipment is functioning properly.
- Monitor use of all supplies. Assist with inventory control by proper count of supplies/time used.
- Document appropriately the care that is given to the patient.
- Continue education to meet State requirements and keep current with health care.
- Display professionalism at work and in the community as a representative of the Center.
- Take an active role on committees within the department.
- Identifies actual and potential risk to patients and others and takes action to minimize or eliminate risk and maximize safety.
- Performs charge nurse responsibilities as staffing demands and as requested.
PLEASE REFER TO RN SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES FOR DETAILS.
- Problem solving skills
- Skill in using a computer
- Knowledge of orthopedics and ENT
- Outpatient clinical organizational ability
- Ability to remove oneself personally from given situations, remaining objective
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Understanding of the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality/HIPAA
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit. Some bending and stretching required. Use of telephone is required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.